1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K20 swap or Turbo charge (Serious and knowledgeable opinion please)

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by JayB, Oct 17, 2007.

1. JayB

JayB New Member

i just need some opinion here.

i got 2001 Civic EX and i want it to go faster. Should i swap K20 from RSX Type S or turbo charge. Please consider practicality and amount of money to be spent.

i basically just want to run somewhere 220-250 HP. Right now i got Lightened Flywheel, Pulleys, DC Header, Full exhaust system, Intake.

i got some money to spend i just need to do it wisely. and NO i dont want to buy another car. i want to finish what i started with this car.

please if you do NOT have anything good to say i really do NOT need to hear it. im asking these questions seriously and hoping to get all these to materialize by summer next year.

Thanks!

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

Youre in a bad place (platform wise), but ultimately, a turbo charger will be easier and cost less.

The only problem with going turbo is the D17 is not exactly the most bulletproof engine to run a turbo on. Also, youre tuning option are severely limited. Your choices come down to piggyback systems (not advisable for higher boost builds) and AEM (there are a few other standalones, but AEM is the only one thats 50 state legal).

If i HAD to work on the EM platform, thats would be my choice. The K20 swap is just too much work with not enough return.

3. Hatchyspeed

Hatchyspeed B20/TypeR Head

IF u seriouly got the money n ur looking for that type of power u could use a k20 but i would just go b16 on boost. with the money you would spend on swapping the k20 n the price of the motor .. you could have a real fast b16 / b18

4. dtob

dtob New Member

Yo dude read the first post closely. He's got a D17 in an EM which is the newer platform. Its a 2001.

Its probably easier to turbo or use a K20 then to try and swap in a b series.

5. hello

hello New Member

you guys are funny... just helping you laugh hahahaha....

6. c97x

c97x sorry boss, its turbo

no b-series for him, turbo that bitch and run a piggyback or how bouts a 75 shot of nawwwz

7. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

how bout we just stop talking cause i dont think hes commin back.

8. accord92lx

accord92lx New Member

do a k20 swap with 150 shot of nos best bet alot faster

9. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

k20 prolly wouldnt be too hard in that car.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted