k20A into 1991 Integra GS +++HELP+++ [opinions]

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rawerz

Ok Guys. I've been doing some research on engine swap choices for my 1991 Acura Integra GS and have come upon 3 different engines which I have liked, GSR B18C, GSR B18C type-R, and uncommon for an integra 94 and below K20A.

***HELP***

I would like to use the K20A swap but I cannot find to much information on this swap into a integra below the 94 year model. I know this swap would be more difficult and completly understand that. I would like as much information as possible on this swap for my application.

1) Where can I locate mounts, if they even fabricate them for this year model?
2) What axles would I have to use, where could I find these?
3) Wiring harness conversion?
4) ECU?
5) Is there a head swap I could do to increase the engines compacity even more?

EXTRAS
6) Do you think this swap is worth the time?
7) What engine swap would you recommend if not this one?

Thank you for you time.

its not even worth the time/money. Put a GSR motor in it and call it a day. For the price it would cost you to put a K20 in it, you could put in parts on the GSR and have it even faster.

not worth the time or money? i beg to differ.

however the thread starter does not seem to know anything about swaping.... so i would stick to a Bseries since the DA came with one

boosted/blown gsr and you'll be set for life.

1) Where can I locate mounts, if they even fabricate them for this year model?
2) What axles would I have to use, where could I find these?
3) Wiring harness conversion?
4) ECU?
5) Is there a head swap I could do to increase the engines compacity even more?

1. Mounts from Hasport wont be available til like March 07... so you will have to make them.
2. Custom axles... from Hasport
3. Custom wiring harness... from Hasport
4. Just like any swap, you use what came with the engine. In this particular case you would also need something like K-Pro from Hondata.
5. WTF? Capacity? If you do a K20-R swap you have the best head on the market for the K series. If you do a K24 [accord/element] swap, then you would want to look into getting a K20A2 head from an RSX-S...

There's a thread on G2IC... RHD K20 DA... its sicks.

My K20A, RHD, shaved bay, full restoration DA6 build - Generation 2 Integra Clubâ„¢ Forums

Back