K20A Swap into BASE AUTO

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nsted3

OK, I have a 03 automatic base rsx. I bought a JDM K20A Type R Motor and I want to swap it into my car. It came with the entire motor, trans, ecu, axels, shift linkage, intake and exhaust manifold, and the engine harness. I realize that if I had a manual right now then this should theoretical go right in with no problem. But becuase I have an auto I think I may need more things like the pedal assembly, shifter (not sure what parts), and the reseviors for the clutch fluid and etc. Can someone please tell me what else I need or if I do need these things? Thanks.

This is research you should have done BEFORE you bought such an expensive motor. Ive never done a auto to stick swap on the new EP chasis but i have on the EG. And things i needed were, pedals, slave and master clutch cylinders, all three pedals, throttle cable, clutch hydro lines, had to weld in a new upper tranny mount bracket, a fair amount of wiring, and thats about it, but i can imagine that with the advanced wiring in the RSX (which i believe has that sport shift mode) its going to be hard, almost not worth it. I would trade in for a similar RSX already stick

Back