K20A2 EG Project Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by k-series@Sep 21 2005, 09:29 AM
And...it works for Norris, true, it's alum, but small none the less.

DSCN6166_Medium.sized.jpg

Steve
[post=557662]Quoted post[/post]​

ummmm.....i dont get it.

Im just a second rate car nerd...i cant even be called a car guy or wrench head

:bawling:

Norris Prayoonto is running a smaller aluminum radiator on his all motor K20a2 Honda Insight pro drag car.

That's what the pic is for.

Steve

Alright, not a chance I'm painting this bad boy myself. Too much time that I'd rather spend on the motor, electrical and tuning.

Getting a Macco special shortly.

Steve

Originally posted by driver1@Sep 26 2005, 05:10 PM
pleaase dont let maaco butcher up such a nice car!!!!
[post=560668]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't worry, I won't. I'll do it for them :)

Well, I decided to save a few bucks (a few hundred for that matter) and paint my own car.

Started with this:

EGK1320-90.jpg

EGK1320-91.jpg

EGK1320-92.jpg

EGK1320-93.jpg

I primed it with Rustoleum Automotive Sandable primer. Sanded it down, and put on 3 coats of flat black. The pictures below look bad since the car is still drying from me wet sanding it. I couldn't wait since it was getting dark. There are a few places I want to go over, but for $100, I could care less.

This is not a show queen, so if you don't like it, that's fine. I'll still whoop your ass up and down the 1320...and look GOOD doing it. ;)

EGK1320-94.jpg

EGK1320-95.jpg

EGK1320-96.jpg

EGK1320-97.jpg

Steve

i love the DX...if you didnt have a turbo on your Si, i would seriously hate your daily driver.

i see intercooler...and it says 11psi in his sig.

Quoted post[/post]]
i see intercooler...and it says 11psi in his sig.

The EP used to be boosted, now it's stock and yes, it's not much fun to drive...but I love the gas mileage.

:)

The EP in it's "glory days":

KSERIES_02_SI-1.jpg

KSERIES_02_SI-2.jpg

KSERIES_02_SI-4.jpg

KSERIES_02_SI-6.jpg

Now it's stock as hell with the crappy 15's that came on the EG since tires for 15's are cheaper than 17's and the ride is a lot better. :)

Steve

why didn't you just leave the suspensions and rims and stuff and just make the motor stock for gas mileiage? unless you didn't want to be noticable, which then is the answer to my own question. :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
Car is loooking real nice. Congrats, too bad the Si was on a lease...

Nah, I like getting new cars so leasing made sense. Modifying that leased vehicle, didn't. :)

Ok, in an effort to save money I have modified the rear hatch/trunk, primered, painted and re-installed the tail lights. I just don't have the extra $ for a fiberglass unit.

I also sanded and filled the rear bumper where there was some damage. I'll be primering and painting it this weekend.

Other things on this weekend's to do list:

Door Panel and floor templates
Cleaning of the interior (Overspray and such)
Remounting of my seat
Template for my gauge panel/cluster

Now, I have a question. Since I need a battery cutoff due to the relocation, can I mount the battery ANYWHERE inside the car? The cutoff switch will be in the back, but since I removed most of the floor, the sealed box I have is a little bit too big for that area (even though I have th worlds smallest battery :wink: ). Would I be better off finding a spot for this thing under the hood or just move the box to my "passenger" area?

Suggestions or comments?

Steve

Anymore pic's? Hurry up and post some!!! I love your car!!

i hate you more and more every time you post on this topic....i wish i had lots of spending cash....

Back