k20z4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

finbarr

can anyone tell me if i can get a new loom for a type r civic i have the engine its a k20z4 out of a civic jap import think i have the ecu. and will it work

Loom? Engine Loom (aka Engien Harness)?

Will it work? Work in what???

Kswaps can be done but they take time, patience and money.

i have it in a mini. i got this engine but only the ecu and engine bay loom came with it. no keys are anything like that. i got a uk loom ecu and keys the workes. but it will not do. £250 down the drain. i want to no if i get a jap loom will it work are not

ECU and Engine harness you got are no good for your swap. The throttle body system is the big reason. You need a throttle cable and that TB is electronic.

Sadly, you need quite a few parts to get this going.

You need a k20a (type r) or K20a2 (type s) engine harness. jdm will work fine. It's about a foot shorter than USDM harnesses but should be fine in a mini. You also need one of these throttle bodies and an adapter to make it connect to the existing intake manifold but it's not too expensive. (I suggest Karcepts)

You can get away with a PRC-O intergra type r ecu with very little mods.
Or a PRB but it will need an immobilizer bypass unit.
But K-Pro installed is way way better of a choice.

You need a universal conversion harness (I suggest Hybrid-Racing)

There are a few other little things (axles, shifitng, mounts) but this will get you started.

Used Engine Harness is about $175-225
A used kpro installed on a working ECU is $900-1000
Mounts....not even sure but there must be a Brit who makes them for minis.
Conversion harness is about $300-350
Used type s (02-04) throttle body is about $80-100
Can't remember how much the tb adapter is but I think $60
You will also need (at least it's needed for man Hondas) the knock sensor, alternator, starter and oil pressure plugs on the K20z motor spliced onto the engine harness you buy.

Please check out hybrid-racing.com and karcepts.com

They have knowledgable staff and quality parts

cant spend that kind of money on it time for it to go:(

Look into a B18C ( non type r) Honda swap. It's about $3k US. Get OBD1. Sell the Z3 and you wouldnt have that much more to put in it. Tons of minis with B swaps. Look into it. Not as fast out of the box but still a handful in a mini. Good luck.

Back