K24 Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eye.ha8.u

After my deployment I am going to build another eg, and I figure I am going all out this time. I have been out of the loop the past few years since I been in the army, so when it comes to K series I dont know much except what I have read the past few days. So if anyone could pass some info it would be great.

This is the idea I have right now. I like the specs of the TSX engine, K24a2. I also read about the K20a2 head or K20z head making some awesome numbers on the TSX block, only dilema being that the k24 has a redline of around 7100 rpms, while the k20 has a 8000rpm limit. Now I do plan on rebuilding in the future so I can hit those numbers with the k24 block, so here is where I can use the help...

I figure I could go the cheap route and just go with the K24a4 accord block and throw the k20 head on it and drive that. Won't be much performance, but when it comes time for rebuild it doesnt really matter, or does it? Are all k24 blocks the same casting, or are they different? Would I be better off just spending the dough on a TSX block to begin with or go the cheap route?:confused: Or am I just stupid and there is a better combo...

Any info would be great!

Last edited:
Back