K24 in RSX type-S

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Do they make mounts for this swap? how much would a K24 from a CRV cost me?How about engine bay room ? would i be expecting good numbers?

Why?? you have a 200 hp K20a2 and you want to put a K24 in there to get 40 less hp?? I don't understand this swap idea... is the 20 ft lbs torque really that big of a difference?

Pic up the newest issue of SCC, they have the swap in a really good article.

Why in the hell would you want to swap a K24 into the Type-S? The K20A2 is one of the best engines Honda has ever made, the best IMO. I could maybe, MAYBE understand the TSX engine, but still the Type-S is a monster engine, tons of potential, just wait a couple more years until more aftermarket support comes around.

I think we are trying to do the same thing here.

A k24 block with a k20a head for boost.

Boost is better with longer strokes, but you it's hard to stroke the k20 because the rod angle is already very high. So destroke the k24 block with a k20a/a2 head is the best way!

I've read that the k24 block should bolt right in, but not sure yet. Still looking.

didnt hasport just build a civic hatch w/ a k20?
i read something saying it had like 455 hp @ 19 psi

The K20 head has a lower compression? I thought it had high compression, I know stock the K20 puts out an 11.0:1 compression ratio? I am confused.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@May 27 2004, 04:26 PM
didnt hasport just build a civic hatch w/ a k20?
i read something saying it had like 455 hp @ 19 psi

yeah its in july scc; along with a how to swap a k20a in a ek civic. :)

id keep the k20 if i were you; unless you have the money but then the mounting points should be the same.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@May 27 2004, 11:45 PM
The K20 head has a lower compression? I thought it had high compression, I know stock the K20 puts out an 11.0:1 compression ratio? I am confused.

yeah the type-s 11:1, the si, cr-v, element, and accord have 9.*:1

Well, where I am confused is why would you put a higher compression head for boost? Wouldn't it make it too hard to make a lot of power through forced induction?

The K24 is slightly taller than the K20A I think somewhere around 30mm...I agree with dohch22a4 just build your K20...it is a good powerplant and I heard they can take around 700hp before you have to build the block!!!

UnlimitedEK9

I find it hard to believe that the K20 can handle 700 HP. Need to see dyno's for that.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Jun 3 2004, 08:38 PM
I find it hard to believe that the K20 can handle 700 HP. Need to see dyno's for that.

That is with boost...I have heard of guys doing it...go to www.cybernationmotorsports.com and look there, there might be information about it...

I found it hard to believe when I first heard it also!!!

UnlimitedEK9

you only want the k24 shortblock. you should keep the k20a2 head and trans. that combo nets a 9.6 c/r, which works really well for boost. you will need hondata to reflash your ecu, and you'll have to keep the rev limit to 7000-7500 rpm (99mm stroke on a k24). as anyone knows, it doesnt take much boost to make stupid power on a 2.4 liter, along with torque up the ass, which a k24 has n/a. and no way does a stock k20 hold 700 hp. thats bullshit. except for a very very few select motors, (ie a 2jz-gte) no stock powerplant can hold 700+ hp.

or you can sell the k20 and buy a k24 without going through the trouble of putting almost the same head on. k20a type-s sells for around 3500 i think in good condition, while some k24's cost around 1200: you can buy a k24, add turbo and stuff and make it faster than the k20 without hurting your wallet too much.

Back