Kaaabooooommmm!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haccord141

hey guys, yesterday my torque converter went out, and it will cost 1200 dollars the fix the pos f22a, so i was wondering spend 1300 dollars more and by a new h22a engine for my accord. everyone is saying go buy a new car, or its not worth dropping a new engine, but these people dont have the connection i have with my car. i was wondeing what you guys think should i go for a new engine or new car, graduation is coming up and all of my relative( i have a lot) will be sending me bunches of money, but not nearly enough for a new car, but enough for a new engine, and possibly some extra after market parts. Just let me know what you think.

NEW CAR?

OR

NEW ENGINE?

:( That sux dude. My buddy has a f-series accord too and he loves it. I would definetly drop in the H and get some parts. :thumbsup:

i am looking to turbo it also but i don't want an auto, the h23 is auto, manuel is better, but i would like your input about why everyone is saying to use the h23 to turbo? i don't entirely know, oh and how much do u think it will cost to get the engine and drop it in. I mean i will take out my old one and drop the new one but i was woundering about the rest of the hook ups, i don't think i can connect everything.

peace.

from what ive read the h22 isnt a really hard swap at all

as for the automatic h23 they do make em in manuel i know a guy with one or do you mean the one you can get yous hands on is auto

The H23's came both in a 5-speed and automatic.

The H23's are better for boost because they've got an extra tenth of a liter of displacement, the trannies that come with them are geared longer, and you don't have to worry about tuning a turbo with VTEC.

If you don't feel comfortable dropping an engine in yourself, I'd say find some friends and a Helm's manual (along with your buddies here at Hondaswap) and it should be pretty straightforward. Otherwise, you may be better off buying yourself a new car.

hay everyone,

i have this inside guy that will get me anything i need for cheap. and low and behold i can get an h22 for about 2500 or 3200(installed), this guy is great, but what do u think, and do u think the 700 dollar differnce is worth it, and do u think with the extra 700 green ones that they will hook everything up, i mean the ecu wireing and everything?

peace

Back