Keep an eye out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

Need stuff. 20R head, 22R long blocks, 22RE longblocks. Just whatever is in the newspaper.

That is all. Maintain your composure.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jun 21 2004, 03:13 AM
He's had his Celica for a while....

here's the gallery of his Brown Bomber.."The Celerity-izer"

Hahahaha It's RED ! It's Red !

Whenever the Celica becomes the topic at my house, or with my girlfriend the Brown / Red issues come up. It's faded now, and actually is closer to brown than red. But when it gets repainted, you'll see how blood-red the paint should be.

I've been a Celica guy for 14 (Holy shit..) years. Since the day I Was born, Celicas have been in my family, and I personally have owned 14. My GTA is #13, and of those other cars only a handful actually saw time with me on the road.

I had a 77, and it died in a barn fire in New Hampshire, along with a ton of my other stuff (Machines, tools, the car and most of my clothes and stuff in the loft). The owner of the house's kids went in there to toke up, and I paid the price.

So now I currently have a 1981, and it will prolly be my last. The GTA has a bunch of very limited edition stuff, and lots of JDM parts. I'm going to build "my dream Celica" and use it - perhaps for the rest of my life. I have ALWAYS had a second gen Celica in the stables.

Lemme see pics of your 77, I'd be interested. Also, I'm a member of the OCC (Old Celicas Club) which can be found at www.celicas.org. It's a mailling list full of professionals, nice guys, and good times.

-> Steve

I'm kind of thinkin of taking the beast to the local auto-x.. I havent done any work on it .. in fact its still sitting in the guys driveway I just got it from... cuz I have to find a trailer... But I plan to upgrade a lot of things on it...

It started out with a 20r and the stock5 speed behind that... and the only thing performance on it so far all its Bfgoodrich traction T/A's....

but i really want to change this thing up, and make it a fun little autocrosser... Ive decided to go the Sidedraft route with weber dcoe 40 or 45 carbs.. and a 4/2/1 header...eibach springs and tokico shocks, but past that I dont really know to much about it so...

Do you have any suggestions as to what to do to it...Like say, wheels, suspension, tuning.... just about anything that will help this "micro maro"

Thanks again,
-Aaron

Are you in Connecticut ? I wanna see this thing.

Also, the DCOE is a strong mod, from what I understand. I have done the install before (It's crazy simple, the tuning is more time consuming).

For suspension, I'm running stock toyota springs (I got a set in the box 4 years ago) and Monroe Sensatrac. The sensatracs were great for road driving, but for autocrossing will prove to be too compressive. Plus, on a straight-line, the sensatracs will loosen up and when you dive into that high-speed corner, the car won't adjust quickly enough.

For a proven auto-crosser, stiff struts (Cusco / Bilstein groupe3 valving) will be your better bet. But when you do this, you should have all of the rust completely taken care of. If the rear fender wells are rotting, then these struts will simply snap the car in half - It happened to me !

-> Steve

If you're in CT I would like to check the car out and go over it with ya.

If i were in CT you would have already seen me... LOL... Im in southwest Missouri....but thanks for the response

Back