1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keyless Entry/Trunk

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by CrewDelSol, Jul 24, 2003.

1. CrewDelSol

CrewDelSol Member

I just bought a Keyless entry kit, and I was sorting through the wiring and I noticed that with it I got a trunk release button with my trunk releaser. Only problem is the way the wiring goes it looks like I can only use one, either the button or the remote. Because only one wire runs out of the trunk relay to either connect to the remote or button. I figured if i wired both in, neither would work. So anyone ever done or tryed somethin like this. Or do I need to run a second wire out of the relay into button? And no I don't know much about electronics so don't use any words bigger than positive, negative, or ground.

2. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

ya wire both in it only actuates when 12v+ is put through it so you can hook up both

3. donnieS

donnieS Junior Member

What kind of car/year are you installing it into and what brand module is it?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted