Kicker 12" Comp VR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dymond

Here's the link for the subs Kicker 03CVR124 12" CompVR (Comp VR) 12" Component Subwoofers Car Subwoofers Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix#

I don't know much about kicker's products so i was wondering if i could get some advice. A guy i know is selling 2 of those with a ported box for $100 cash. Worth it? Should i lowball? lol... do they hit pretty hard? If anyone's familiar with this product or knows much about car audio i'd appreciate any advice, thanks :)

if the box is nice then thats a good deal for sure. those speakers definitely hit hard for the money, i dont think you will be dissapointed. for 2 12s i would get at least a 1200 watt amp, that would put you at about 300 rms (600 peak) per speaker.

my girl has one 10" comp vr with 400 rms on it in a ported q logic box and its fuckin loud!

I have a 12" comp vr in my crx running on a 500 watt amp. It is plenty loud and clean. My friend has a pair of CVR12's in his altima and it is crazy loud if you turn the gains up a little. $100 for 2 12's in a box sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

I think too much depends on the box, wiring, etc. A shitty sub that is setup to spec will sound better than a quality sub that is setup like shit.

true.

cvr's are great for the money though. in my mustang i have a hifonics brutus 1200rms amp running two older kicker cvr 12's. its quite loud.. :|

in the honda i have a pioneer ts-w2501d4 10" dvc, 2500 watt peak/800 rms sub

PNRTSW2501D4.jpg

and a kenwood kac-9103d class d amp, 1800 watt peak, 900rms x 1 at 2ohms.

kac9103d.jpg

its pretty loud for what it is. not sure on the size of the box but it is sealed and i tried to keep it pretty small to preserve hatch space lol. i've also had an older pioneer deck in my 72 monte carlo that worked real well, and then i upgraded that to a kenwood kdc-mp928 with the 4096 color screen. pretty much anything i've had from kicker, kenwood, or pioneer has all been quality stuff so as far as i'm concerned can't go wrong with them
emthup.gif

Last edited:
onestly the kicker Brand systems are one hellacious product.. my firs system consisted of the comp vr 12's then moved to the 15's now im at the 15" L7 and on all them speakers .. the 2 12's id run a 300W mono block amp on a pored box ... 15's go with a kicker 750.1 and l7..... go to a zx1500.1 and a good raido to use with the setup is probally going to be a pioneer deh 5000ib

i got an old ass 12" kicker circle shape in my civic.thang bumps,of course with the right amp.if i had the money id buy those subs ur friends slanging

Back