Kinda Funny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erikespo

SO me and my wife get back from doing laundry. I left first so she had to drive down with my crx. everything is fine and was both drive back. we get back and eat and i am outside detail the civic and my brother is leaving for work so he is going to take the crx. sure no problem.

he gets in and tries to start it. nothing. just turns over and over.

wierd.. It was just running not 30 minutes ago. tries it again same thing.

so I have him pop the hood and by this time my wife comes down.

i have him try it again. nope so my wife say turn the key over ( you know take it out, flip it and put it back in)

I say that won't do anything cause the car is trying to start already.

Then.. vrroom. it starts. I'm like WTF. She says "see, that happens to me alot"

now am I missing something about the 88 ignition? as I recall it is nothing specail, just the switch. What difference would it make to flip the key over?

It still can't figure it out.. maybe coincidence?

Originally posted by erikespo@Apr 3 2005, 01:40 PM
bump cause of the bad topic which c auses no one to read
[post=482058]Quoted post[/post]​

hhhmmmm,....I read it....weird...ha?
funny too.... :lol:

the ignition switch is goin bad, pulling the key out and putting it back in is making it go in and out of contact with the points on the inside of the switch, happened to my nephews old 88 accord, kiss ur wife for being smart enough to try the something that almost none of would do, LOL :lol:

Originally posted by ksrcivic@Apr 3 2005, 02:29 PM
the ignition switch is goin bad, pulling the key out and putting it back in is making it go in and out of contact with the points on the inside of the switch, happened to my nephews old 88 accord, kiss ur wife for being smart enough to try the something that almost none of would do, LOL :lol:
[post=482091]Quoted post[/post]​

shit that might be the problem too......and like he said..Kiss your wife for that....If not Ill do it....jk...and a hug...lol<----Calm down cookie Bush......
jk

Maybe.. but why would flipping it over change anything. We deffinatley had to flip it over. and the car was turning over. it was like it wasn't getting gas. I would think if the ignition switch was going bad it wouldn't even turn over.

Originally posted by erikespo@Apr 3 2005, 07:23 PM
Maybe.. but why would flipping it over change anything. We deffinatley had to flip it over. and the car was turning over. it was like it wasn't getting gas. I would think if the ignition switch was going bad it wouldn't even turn over.
[post=482202]Quoted post[/post]​

I guess you just got lucky...
It does sound like the switch is going bad though..

Back