Knock Sensor in LSVTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
i have a 90 gs (lsvtec) with a pr4 ecu and i was wondering if ineeded to put a knock sensor, i have b16(.20) pistons with a decked block and milled b16 head. is there any info on how to install a knock sensor with no ecu with that feature please help. thanks JP

If your ECU doesn't listen for one (and yours does not) then you don't need to do anything about it. If it did then you would need to decide if you wanted to run one.

thanks ...so when i install my pr3 ecu i just run the wire from the KS to the ecu? and where can i install the sensor to the block?.. also. :blink: Is it okay to use a push button to engage vtec?

why the hell would you use a push button for your VTEC? just wire it into the ecu, unless your ecu doesnt support VTEC. If it doesn't, the got to MSD and get a little thing called a RPM Activation Switch to activate it at a certian RPM. Trust me, you dont want to have to keep pushing that button during a race. ;)

Back