KYB GR-2 Shocks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nbn22385

i dont hear much about these, mostly people have the AGX models cuz theyre adjustable i guess. but for us poor guys, are the GR-2s good for lowered civics, or are those more prone to fail because they are not built for lowering? tell me if you have them, what kind of drop do you have, and how long have you had it this way. thank you.

The CRX went onto KYB GR-2s a few weeks ago, and it feels great. It's lowered about 2.5 inches, so it's a pretty severe drop. If you go onto some of the CRX forums, you'll see a LOT of people using these because they're cheap and perform quite well compared to other "cheapo" aftermarket shocks. As far as I've seen, lots of people out there are running GR-2s with lowered setups on their Civics, and it lasts quite a while.

I had GR-2s, but my drop was probably a little too far for them. It was on coilovers, so i guess the drop was about 2". I think one of the front struts was about to go out. But for $40 struts, they handled very well.

they're good performing shocks. i have them on my Civic and my Mustang. I've had it on my Mustang for about 1.5 years and haven't had any problems.
Mustang setup: FRPP(made by Eibach) springs & KYB shocks
Civic setup: H&R springs & KYB shocks

KYB gets a :thumbsup: from me.

Back