1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lancer evo 8

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by steve92civic, Mar 23, 2005.

1. steve92civic

steve92civic Member

I was just wondering what was the first year they brought the evo 8 to our shores? was it 2001 or 2002? maybe in the market or a first year one with low miles. next year I'll be going to school in a place that gets 200+ inches of snow a year. awd would be nice.

2. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

I'm seeing 2003.

On a side note, never buy the first year of anything.

3. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

You won't see a used EVO (or a used STi) go much below $22,500 right now. And that's for alot of miles.

You can find a used WRX for $15,000 if you shop around.

And yeah, 2003 was the first MY that we saw. 2004 was the first MY for the STi. 2002 was the first MY for the WRX, but there aren't any of the "first year" issues that Battle Pope mentioned.

4. wanderinman

wanderinman Senior Member

He's right, first (and even second and third years) still have all the bugs in them that the company is trying to work out. A good part of the field testing that is done on cars is done with the consumer, because there just isn't enough data available on the few prototypes they run around.

5. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Yeah, the only real issue with the WRX is the glass transmission. :(

6. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Exactly. That's something that's present on all USDM WRX's so far. As to whether Subaru will ever fix that....dunno.

Truthfully, it's not THAT bad. It can take lots of power thrown at it. It just doesn't like 5k clutch dumps at the line.

7. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

Most AWD cars do not. I know the EVO's clutch will not last long doing that shit. But why would anyone drag race these cars is beyond me. :)

8. steve92civic

steve92civic Member

screw it I think I'm going to build up my 92 civic and daily drive my 91 and if I have any "extra" cash I'll buy a snowmobile.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted