Lancer evo 8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was just wondering what was the first year they brought the evo 8 to our shores? was it 2001 or 2002? maybe in the market or a first year one with low miles. next year I'll be going to school in a place that gets 200+ inches of snow a year. awd would be nice.

You won't see a used EVO (or a used STi) go much below $22,500 right now. And that's for alot of miles.

You can find a used WRX for $15,000 if you shop around.

And yeah, 2003 was the first MY that we saw. 2004 was the first MY for the STi. 2002 was the first MY for the WRX, but there aren't any of the "first year" issues that Battle Pope mentioned.

He's right, first (and even second and third years) still have all the bugs in them that the company is trying to work out. A good part of the field testing that is done on cars is done with the consumer, because there just isn't enough data available on the few prototypes they run around.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Mar 23 2005, 08:29 AM
You won't see a used EVO (or a used STi) go much below $22,500 right now. And that's for alot of miles.

And yeah, 2003 was the first MY that we saw. 2004 was the first MY for the STi. 2002 was the first MY for the WRX, but there aren't any of the "first year" issues that Battle Pope mentioned.
[post=477527]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, the only real issue with the WRX is the glass transmission. :(

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Mar 23 2005, 09:51 AM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Mar 23 2005, 08:29 AM

[post=477536]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly. That's something that's present on all USDM WRX's so far. As to whether Subaru will ever fix that....dunno.

Truthfully, it's not THAT bad. It can take lots of power thrown at it. It just doesn't like 5k clutch dumps at the line.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Mar 23 2005, 08:54 AM-->
Originally posted by Battle Pope@Mar 23 2005, 09:51 AM
dohcvtec_accord
@Mar 23 2005, 08:29 AM

[post=477536]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly. That's something that's present on all USDM WRX's so far. As to whether Subaru will ever fix that....dunno.

Truthfully, it's not THAT bad. It can take lots of power thrown at it. It just doesn't like 5k clutch dumps at the line.
[post=477537]Quoted post[/post]​

Most AWD cars do not. I know the EVO's clutch will not last long doing that shit. But why would anyone drag race these cars is beyond me. :)

Back