Lappy trouble

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swanny

i have a sony vaio lappy and i was using it to play songs at a party we had, i tried to start it the other day and it booted started windows then shut off the same happened a few other times and now it just wont turn on. is it possible that i overheated the power supply or what eltse couldve happened? also if thats the problem anyone know a cheap place to get one? thanks

** there is power to the box between the outlet and the computer or atleast the indicator light is on

Well do you ever use this laptop to access the internet? If you do then you probably have got the MS Blast virus everyone is talking about. I have several friends that got it, and that is exactly what happened. What OS are you using?

Does your computer stay on for about 90 seconds, then shuts down?

If so, like stated above, you got that virus.

You can go to symantec.com and there is a fix there.

edit/ it doesnt matter what OS he has, it affects all OS.

Oops RPC means Remote Procedure Call. Does it just cycle? Where it turns itself off everytime you turn it on? There is away to stop that and download the patch hold on and I will try to give you a link.

throw it against a wall until it starts. that what i had to do a few times to get my old IBM Thinkpad to start...until it finally died

Ok i need to be spoken to like i have down syndrome, the computer wont start so as far as i know there is no way i could install a removal tool or whatever

no, its been sitting for a week now. its plugged in i press the power button and nothing, no lights on the computer no booting etc. thats why im thinking its the power supply

someone please help me out here. if it is that virus i have no idea how the hell im going to deal with it seeing how it wont turn on.

well first you need to check the power supply so you can get the damn thing on, then try start it in safe mode. forget it just take it to best buy and let those fools work on it.

Back