Laptop In Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ovcrash

What would i need, to install a laptop computer in my car, so with a program i could read my ECU, see my rpm, the motot temp, the psi going into the manifold, 1/4 mile time..etc..everything!

What would i need, wich program? Wich harness to connect my laptop to my ECU?

Thanks for the help.
:blink:

yeah I bet you want one so you look cool like the eclipse in fnf. Most people put lab tops in so they can seriously tune their cars with like aem ems and whatnot. Like to adjust the fuel curve and to make sure your air to fuel ratio and what not is hitting around 13:1 and other stuff for max speed and power. Not so they can see the psi going into the manifold, whataever that helps.... And regarding 1/4 mile times, I believe you can get a gtech 2 but they are pure shit. My buddy has one and it says he runs 15.1's all day long yet he can't even break into the 15's at the track. They are off by a good 1 second easy.

Originally posted by Prowler@Feb 22 2003, 04:13 PM
I have my laptop in my car to wardrive,but that's another story.

war driving, isn't it fun what you can find. Just pul l up to bestbuy or jiffy lube

High powered antenna connected to a wireless network card on your laptop, such as a Orinoco Gold, that allows you to scan various wireless networks while you drive through business districts. Programs like Net Stumbler and the DLink software will tell you as much info about networks that you scan and if you can hop into their stuff, steal some internet access, etc. Highly nerd stuff, but I'm in a networking class so I have an excuse.

Back