1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

launching preludes

Discussion in 'Racing and Driving Techniques' started by c916alex, Feb 28, 2006.

1. c916alex

c916alex Junior Member

I was wondering what the best launch RPM for you guys is. At least all of you that own a 4th Gen Prelude w/out LSD and with H22A VTEC

2. lude9593

lude9593 Senior Member

there are a lot of factors that determine the "right" rpm to launch at such as how much power you're making, your suspension setup, and most importantly the type of tires you're running.

i'm assuming you're not running drag radials or anything that's fairly sticky on the track so i'd say anywhere between 2500-3500. i usually have to launch around 3000 and slip the clutch a little and be careful with the throttle cuz 1st gear spins fairly easily.

i suggest going to a good stretch of road that's isolated and just practicing cuz that's the best and only way to improve launching techniques and driving skills. although going to the track is only "safe and legal" way to do it. lol

3. c916alex

c916alex Junior Member

Cool thanks I know the perfect stretch for me to do that. And right now it's completely stock minus the JDM engine I'm putting into it. Thanks again for the reply and I look forward to becoming a very active member in hondaswap. Do you know of any other forums that I should look at

4. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

3/4 revolution, not a problem I can launch this prelude this weekend.

[​IMG]

5. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

6. jimboburgess

jimboburgess Go fast, Go Cheap

like in the vdub commercialS? a trebuchet(sp!?)

start at peak torque rpm and work down until the tires just barely squeak on launch.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted