LCD pager alarms

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

Does anyone have this cause im looking to get one for my car. It says good up to about 2500ft but if you think about it thats not that much. Also the transmitter looks kinda big and I was wonder if this is mounted in the engine bay or in the interior of the car.

i got a compustar spread spectrum which is good up to a mile and a 1/4 i was able to check on my car in m.o.a. with mine when i car was in navada in the parking lot

i hate the autopage 750 lcd. the pager is good up to a mile and a half. i have been very happy with it. as with all alarms...installation is everything, and the place that installed mine is bad ass.

Originally posted by eyesonlybob@Nov 5 2003, 05:50 PM
i hate the autopage 750 lcd. the pager is good up to a mile and a half. i have been very happy with it. as with all alarms...installation is everything, and the place that installed mine is bad ass.

im confused. you hella contradiced yourself... is it good or bad? What are you able to check with the LCD pagers?

one of my friends has these and honestly it aint worth the money, we work at a super market and we park 100 feet from the store, the shit wont go through the wall of the store at all, its a viper or something along the lines of a snake alarm, and he got all the extras. its a great alarm with sound/vibration/motion detectors but the pager sucks cock. i would just get a nice alarm and fuck the paging, if its loud enough youll hear the bitch go off.

the thing i like is he leaves his windows down, if you walk by and even throw a gum rapper in the car it deafens you.

There is good and bad points to these alarms:

CONS

They don't go through thick walls that well( concrete, steel)

I work around 2 way radios and the frequencies will affect your range as well

The position you park can affect the range but not by much

Antenna location

PROS

Excellent range from the water. I take my boat out and when I get about 1/2 mile from my truck I can start it with no problem.

I live in Ohio and it gets witch-tit cold in the winter. I wake up at 4am every morning and start the truck and then just in the shower and by the time I walk out the door it is nice and toasty inside. I would recommend a 20 minute run time. That should be more than enough.

No more scraping off ice and snow for me

My buddy did his own install on his 5 speed civic, but forgot he left it in gear and almost went through the garage door.

I can't recommend enough check out the shop:
The guy up front might be cool as hell, but ask t look at their install area.
The guy in the back might be a little shady, think about it he has your Name, address, and your key. I have seen a key made with clay in less than 2 minutes. Kinda scary to think about it.
Do what I always do give a fake address, old apt,ex friends, ex girlfriends.
At least try to make it a little harder for them to find you.

I am speaking from experince, they took my friends blazer with $7,000 worth of stereo the next night. The installer had a little nose candy problem and owed some people some money so he took the stuff to them in trade for his ass.

Just check out the shop first

B

damn i never thought of that before, good fuckin idea, fake addy. bwt tell ur friend with the civic im laffin at him. HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Back