Leaks between HEAD n BOTTOM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Arrogant_

Is it normal for oil leaks between the Head and Bottom where the gasket sits?

I recently did a swap and have experienced oil sizzling drop the bottom from where the head gasket sits.

Is it NORMAL for integras?

Thanks

Originally posted by brian11to1@Aug 23 2005, 11:17 PM
or the head is not torqued down correctly.
[post=544357]Quoted post[/post]​

I have ARP head bolts, and they are torqued to ARP specs.

It doesn't leak constantly but leaks whenever it's driven.

Originally posted by driver1@Aug 23 2005, 07:20 PM
no its not mormal for any vehicle. Your head gasket is bad/ your head may be warped
[post=544234]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't think the head gasket is BAD. 'Cause if the head gasket is bad, the coolant couldn't go through the block. That's not the case. My temperature gauge show a normal temp.

wrong, the head gasket IS bad and thus, its leaking. coolant can still flow in all its passages perfectly fine with a bad head gasket its simply leaking. what u probably will notice if u drain your oil and coolant is coolant in the oil or vice versa. also a car will run for quite some time with a bad head gasket and not overheat. youll more than likely have to start adding oil soon tho as its probably making its way into the coolant, or somewhere else. keep your eye on your temp gauge whatever you do cause eventually it will overheat. Oh and for the record if its leaking the head gasket IS BAD.

Edit: its leaking when driven because you have oil pressure when driving.

Originally posted by driver1@Aug 24 2005, 04:59 PM
wrong, the head gasket IS bad and thus, its leaking. coolant can still flow in all its passages perfectly fine with a bad head gasket its simply leaking. what u probably will notice if u drain your oil and coolant is coolant in the oil or vice versa. also a car will run for quite some time with a bad head gasket and not overheat. youll more than likely have to start adding oil soon tho as its probably making its way into the coolant, or somewhere else. keep your eye on your temp gauge whatever you do cause eventually it will overheat. Oh and for the record if its leaking the head gasket IS BAD.

Edit: its leaking when driven because you have oil pressure when driving.
[post=544775]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks, I will keep a head up..

You should try an pinpoint exactly where your leak is coming from. It could be a cam seal, valve cover gasket, distributor seal, etc. So clean everything up and try to find your leak.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Aug 25 2005, 08:26 AM
oil leaks around the dizzy or cam seals are usually misdiagnosed as coming from between the head and block...
[post=545007]Quoted post[/post]​

werd. i know it's happened to me before.

Back