legal swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chacal06

ok i have an ej1 i have lsvtec on it but wat i want to know wat swap can i get to make it legal to california laws and wat steps i would have to take to make it happen after i get the swap :)

it has to be a USDM motor now.. cant BAR JDM motors anymore unless your car came w/ the USDM version already.. so you can swap a b16a3, b16a2, b18c1, b18c5, etc.. understand?

just gotta make sure all the emissions equipment is hooked up and that you have the correct ECU

I thought you could bar the JDM motors in cali, just got to have all the emissions hooked up, the jdm motors dont come with evap, that has to be put on and of course all the rest of the emissions. But I mite be wrong.

You used to be able to do that but, they changed the laws a few months ago, so now its USDM motors only.

swap it anyways... take a chance.. worst they'll say is "you cant smog this motor" and you'll have to pull it out, sell it or trade it for a USDM motor

Back