legend Swaps?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rdp32dbar

I bought a 1990 Acura Legend Coupe from my roomate for $500 and the engine has seen better days. I don't plan on driving it on the street but intend on using the car for track days. I am not completely familar with hondas and this is the first honda I've bought. I want the car to be responsive around tight road courses. I have the tools to make my own mounts and wiring harnesses already but am alittle worried about swapping anything with a hydro. tranny into it b/c of the conversion from cable tranny. Any advice on what swap I should do and where I can find a engine and tranny?

I'd say sell it and get something else. The Legend really isn't known for its performance potential, and there aren't a whole lot of Legend tuners out there. A Civic or Accord would be a much easier swap.

ye the legend is a nice car with pretty good handling but there is almost no aftermarket support for them

i know, i have a 95

as far as swaps go im not sure if you can fit a type 2 220 hp engine with 6 speed tranny into a 1st generation

either way would cost too much for the hp gains and you'd be beter off with a beter platform to mod

best way to go is to definitly buy something else. but if you insist on keeping it I'd say rebuild it and boost it. I don't know your money situation but it's feasable on a moderate amount of scratch. Rebuild/custom turbo kit would be the way to go. swap wise i dont know what, if anything, will be a good swap or even be worth swapping in. I remeber in an older SCC magizine that a guy was boosting one with custom made pistons and rods from a V6 accord. It made like 280-300 hp ...or something like that. It would be tight if you pulled that off and it would be a sick sleeper. >>>>> going to look for that mag....

As much fun as swapping a small block chevy into a legend sounds...I don't think it will handle worth anything. Thanks for all the info. I guess I should either rebuild the motor, bore it out, port the heads, and get some custom cams made. The car actually handle pretty good from what I have noticed so far...I've only driven it about 5 times and they weren'y exactly "normal" drives either. As far as the suspension parts go I was planning on adding sport spings and measuring the sway bars and finding a thicker set that is roughly the same length. Besides being heavier, would the legend handle better than say an accord or civic.

the legend will NEVER handle better than a civic. it's a big car. your best bet is to rebuild it and boost it. but then again, it depends on your power goals, budget, and type of track you are going to race on.

i dunno...something tells me that my stock lude (well lets say a stock 93 VTEC) would kill a stock 99 si on a road coarse

Back