Legitimate Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGLSHB

ok....
here's the scenario..
B20/vtec..........................
B20b block, 1st gen B16 head and cable tranny
Crower Econo-billet rods
JE 10.5 forged pistons (C/R is rated w/B16 head)
Golden Eagle block guard (not sleeved)
255 lph walbro
golden eagle fuel rail
holley FPR
accel 310cc injectors

and tuned properly...

question: will this combination be stout enough to handle a "properly tuned" 100 shot, NOS direct-port kit? only sprayed at the track on weekends, not dumb-assing around town? :thumbsup:

i wouldn't run a 100 shot on 10.5:1 , but thats me.

get like a 75 shot for weekend warrior use. but fair warning:

nitrous is like crack. once you start using it... you'll be all fucked up and not know where the hell you are and keep spending money...

you get the idea lol

i may start with 75 shot, and try to push it a little after a while... eventually, it will be a 100 shot

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Apr 15 2003, 01:20 PM
nitrous is like crack. once you start using it... you'll be all fucked up and not know where the hell you are and keep spending money...

you get the idea lol

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 15 2003, 05:00 PM
I still think n20 is gay.

Well, that's fucking great.
Some of us like the throttle respons of a N/A car not to mention reliability. Anyway, to each his own. I discourage everyone that comes in against dry shots. I have not to date known anyone to run a dry set up for any lenght of time and not load a cylinder and burn a piston or crash ring lands. However, wet systems have come so far and are so easy to install for safe weekend use, that I think that nitrous is a good alternative for daily drivers that want a good timeslip on the weekends. To answer the question, 75 would be a better place to start. Most importantly, tune it on a dyno. High compression motors have been fans of nitrous for a long time because if tuned correctly, the nitrous can cool those insane combustion temps on HC motors to keep away detonation. Look at Loofskey, he's running over 16:1 and uses the Nitrous to keep the temps cool enough to fight detonation while making gobs of power.IMO.

thaaanx for the info.... and i am sorry you think n2o is gay... but it probably doesn't like you either

Back