Lets Go Drifting....just Bought A 240sx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

colorpros

Needed a car with a/c for the summer badly.I came up on a 1989 240sx hatchback for $900 in perfect running condition w/only a few imperfections in the body and the a/c is cold enough to run you out of the car.I think it will make a cool beater for a while.My civic is cool to drive but this humid heat in NC sucks....

Hello skyline motor..... :D

hell yah drop in a rb26.

btw i was really cold on monday here in raleigh.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@May 7 2003, 06:09 PM
hell yah drop in a rb26.

btw i was really cold on monday here in raleigh.

Yes ..But it was hot as hell today.90 here in Jacksonville

Originally posted by colorpros@May 7 2003, 07:06 PM
Whos Brian?And why

Brian = B = Pissedoffsol = creator/owner of this site
hes been wanting to do a RB25DET in a 240 for a while now

A rb swap isn't as easy as a B18 or a B16 into a civic.It takes alot of work.I have a friend that is a die hard nismo guy.Plus if your going out drifting you'll need a lsd.

its not a hard swap
there are places that sell everything you need to drop it in there
makes it pretty plug and play (easier than an H22 in a civic)

Originally posted by colorpros+May 7 2003, 07:37 PM-->
Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 7 2003, 06:30 PM
colorpros
@May 7 2003, 07:06 PM
Whos Brian?And why

oh okay.I will sell this one

:lol:

Originally posted by E_SolSi+May 7 2003, 06:50 PM-->
Originally posted by colorpros@May 7 2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 7 2003, 06:30 PM
colorpros
@May 7 2003, 07:06 PM
Whos Brian?And why

oh okay.I will sell this one

:lol:

I'll buy it. I'll put in the RB26 and take TONS of pictures for Brian to see. :lol: :lol: :lol:

An Rb26 is somewhat of a swap. Not really because of the complexity, but because of the overall price of everything.

It costs well over 9-10 grand. Even doing just the RWD and single turbo it costs that much. AWD costs just go up from there. And keeping the twin setup is a little bit of a bitch b/c of the steering linkage gets in the way(but you can swap to rhd to solve that I think, or adjust it).

dude, i'll buy that from you in a couple months!!!! take some pics of course :)

i missed this thread when it was first posted up i guess...

<- uber jelous :p

as for the rb26dett, it doesn't work well, due to the twin turbo deisgn. and the rb25det manifold doesn't fit the rb26, so it makes it epxpensive to convert to single turbo as well.
i can get the rb25det shipped to my door for 3500 compelte with rear end and body/clip, and i need a $60 bracket, and a couple 100 bucks in solder :p

Just get an SR20DET or a CA18DET, the RB is going to cause you far more trouble in instalation than either of the above mentioned. Both are also far easier to aquire and are nice and compact(compared to the RB) so somewhat easier to work with once it's in the engine bay. The RB26DETT won't install, at least not with the AWD transmission (assuming you can't do crazy chassis adjustments..blah blah blah) but you could put it in using an RB25 or RB20 transmission(both RWD). You'll need some custom mounts, a little wireing work(haha, little) and a different intake plenum, because the stock one doesnt usually(key word here) fit properly, and it's just a bitch to work on. There's a site that will make all the things you need to do the install for a pretty reasonable price, I can't remember it right now but contact me if you care and I'll try and find it. All in all, an SR or CA will be better for drifting due the rough 80-120lb weight differences in the engines, not that it wouldn't be awesome. Up here near Seattle there's a guy who is linking a ps13 240SX coupe chassis to a R32GTR front clip. A skyline engine in a 240 will always be the dream...or just a skyline.

Originally posted by Distorted@May 12 2003, 02:14 PM
Just get an SR20DET or a CA18DET, the RB is going to cause you far more trouble in instalation than either of the above mentioned.

its really not that bad. i've done more research on it than i have on b-series swaps :p

Back