Let's Start talking about the Hill Climb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
It happens on June 26 and I know that I am going to be there. Tickets are $35 and they get you into every practice session the week before as well as race day. I went last year and it was the coolest automotive anything I had ever seen. So I want to know who is planning on being there.

s3f04b64536d76.jpg

More pics from last year at https://hondaswap.com/gallery/browse.php?album_id=524

Oh yes, let's do! So where is this hillclimb at??? I hope somewhere in California.... lol. I want to hillclimb so badly, maybe in a few years. *sigh*

This is THE Hillclimb, as in the Pikes Peak Hill Climb ( http://www.ppihc.com ). It is in Colorado Springs, CO. And it is the only good thing to ever happen in or around Colorado Springs.

oh man i would love to go. i wanna go one year. i like watching the rally cars go up it, but i also like watching the tractor trailors go up. its amazing how big and heavy those are, that they haul ass like that up a mountain. scarry

Damn my cousin lives in Colorado Springs, i need to make a trip there next year. This year i will be in boot camp starting june 14, shit.

hmm.... I think we might be interested, we just need to see about places to stay, and when my roommates and I can take off work and whose car we are taking... lol.

Everyone in or near Colorado had better be coming this year. If the pictures Eric and I took last year don't convince you, you don't deserve to own a car. :p

Seriously though, you'll have the time of your life. It's the best way to spend a day.

Originally posted by Calesta@May 7 2004, 01:43 PM
MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy

I will be flying up there the Friday evening before the race and then back the Sunday evening afterwards because I don't think I could afford to miss any work at that point. You should deffinately come up for it.

Originally posted by lsvtec+May 8 2004, 04:19 PM-->
@May 7 2004, 01:43 PM
MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy

I will be flying up there the Friday evening before the race and then back the Sunday evening afterwards because I don't think I could afford to miss any work at that point. You should deffinately come up for it.

Hmm. Considering... a lot depends on what happens with my grad school admission decision. When do I need to buy tickets by?

For the Hill Climb, you can buy tickets the day before race day if there are any to be found. You should come regardless of grad school.

I understand. It's a pretty cheap vacation though.

Originally posted by micah@May 10 2004, 09:24 PM
nothing beats the semi's :ph34r:

Except for maybe the SCCA cars. :D But yeah, you're right, there's nothing quite like seeing a semi cab drift around a 180 hairpin on dirt. :lol:

Back