lid blown wide off Pats spying scandal

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So that's why they could never beat Miami, not enough good spy material

give 1 defensive player a helmet com-set like quarterbacks have and the problem is solved.

the simplest solution is often the best solution.

Good, i hate the patriots.

Kinda makes everyone second guess his "greatness." The consequence is pretty just, if it was just the fines alone it'd makeit seem like no big deal at all... just something else to whipe under the carpet. Players do something dumb, yeah its on them... but the coaching staff including the head coach... suspension wont hurt them, take away a prospect. Go NFL.

Czar Goodell is bitch slapping everyone that crosses his path, and i like it.

give 1 defensive player a helmet com-set like quarterbacks have and the problem is solved.

the simplest solution is often the best solution.

ever heard of a "scanner"?

If it is being transmitted over airwaves, it can be picked up and decoded. I don't care what it is. If they are going to cheat, they will find a way.

ever heard of a "scanner"?

If it is being transmitted over airwaves, it can be picked up and decoded. I don't care what it is. If they are going to cheat, they will find a way.
so are you saying they do this already?

i think by the time it take to get the play from the def/off coordinator to the team on the field, to intercept it, and prepare for the play, the play clock would expire. they would have to be extremely fast and efficient.

so are you saying they do this already?

i think by the time it take to get the play from the def/off coordinator to the team on the field, to intercept it, and prepare for the play, the play clock would expire. they would have to be extremely fast and efficient.

...and have to know the code names and signals, which Bellicheck did.

I'll revert to my previous post that supports this post of yours and say that I think its a ton of work for the coaching and staff, to maybe gain a small edge. You need to learn a teams signals, codes, and playbook in less than a week. In the NFL, thats no easy task.

...and have to know the code names and signals, which Bellicheck did.

I'll revert to my previous post that supports this post of yours and say that I think its a ton of work for the coaching and staff, to maybe gain a small edge. You need to learn a teams signals, codes, and playbook in less than a week. In the NFL, thats no easy task.

Which is exactly why this has become a much bigger deal than it really is.

The fact that they were attempting to cheat in one way or another, regardless of how intelligent or effective their decision was, they were still cheating.

Is everyone's moral compass broken in today's day and age?

no shit

and when you conisder they won 3 superbowls by a grand total of 9 points they cheating has HUGE implications

how many of those rings are tarnished?

holy shit. they just got fucked

belichick was personally fined $500k
patriots were fined $250k
if they make the playoffs this year, they lose their 1st round draft pick.

that was a little too harsh. i believe they should be punished, but that was too severe.

nope (for the aforementioned reasons) I think it was light

make the Pats fine 2mil and suspend Belichick for 6 games and now your talking

The fact that they were attempting to cheat in one way or another, regardless of how intelligent or effective their decision was, they were still cheating.

Is everyone's moral compass broken in today's day and age?

Tom Brady and the Pat's cant hear any of the smack you all are talking because their Super bowl rings are plugging their ears.

Besides, what they did isnt even really cheating . . it was smart coaching/planning.

Tom Brady and the Pat's cant hear any of the smack you all are talking because their Super bowl rings are plugging their ears.

Besides, what they did isnt even really cheating . . it was smart coaching/planning.

I'll say it again, it IS cheating and that IS why they were fined.

I'm not a football expert and clearly you're not either, but you should brush up a little bit. They were fined for breaking league rules and a draft pick was taken from them, thats a pretty big deal.

Back