Lifted pad? ECU Genious's.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

Ok im just gonna copy my post from PGMFI

Ok so i removed the old Eprom. Its seems as though i lifted a pad/broke a trace, both on the same curcit. Now i bridged the broken pad from the erpom to another eprom where the trace ran too. The car is still running a solid red cell along wiht the chek engine. The car idles up and down between about 1000 and 2000, and runs like ass when i stomp on it. I have done a fairly good job on the solder aside from the lifted pad/trace. Why is it still not working, im only rinning the stock Eprom at the moment. This was my first chipping job though it seems it should work even with the lifted pad. Seeing as how it was replared nicely, i just dont get it.

Can any one help. I can take pictures if t helps but theres nothing you would see i think, iness you could examine it. But really aside from the one lifted pad i dont see any other problems.

You need to do a continuity check on all of the traces you soldered on. Also, you need to make sure you did not damage the stock chip with heat while unsoldering it. Most often you will lift pads if you have too much heat or put too much stress on the pad.

tested more connections still nothiing? I dont know what the hell. All the curuits seems fine. I mean i damged the one pad, added a lil jumper, and i should be fine but no.

I dont see any other damge i dunno. I really dont think i fucked the chip up.

I just pulled it slapped a dip in and a zif

I have found one curcuit thats only droping to 9.7 when tested is this the problem? It seems as though its consisitnant too, it will not drop to 0. What do you guys think?

Whats the best test setting? i have it at 200k.

I think you need to show pix.

I know for certain, if you lift a pad, you may do more damage than you know. I have personally repaired ecu's for customers who tried it themselves. One had 13 pads lifted and traces damaged, at the end of the day, that customer should have just bought a new ECU.

Back