light wheels???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

OK i know that lighter wheels are good but how much of a difference would it make. in a drag race i can see better times but is this the same for AutoX???

Well you get better handling, braking, you are faster than if you had heavier wheels. It is the same for Autox, you get better everything basically.

how much are those HX wheels from honda usually?

used you can find them for about 2-300 tops a set. They are nice because you can get Falken azenies for them.

they have lots of power so the bigger wheels wont slow them down, they will just allow them to use bigger tires so they can have more grip??? maybe i dunno

Originally posted by highperboi@Aug 31 2003, 02:58 AM
they have lots of power so the bigger wheels wont slow them down, they will just allow them to use bigger tires so they can have more grip??? maybe i dunno

yes and no. We will use N1 Supras for example. One yes they have 700+ hp so a hundred extra pounds in Unsprung weight will not kill them that much. Second, supras are big, they have alot of power, fast acceleration so they need BIG brakes to stop them when going from 140-40 in just a few seconds. So how do you fit 15 inch rotors under a 13 inch wheel? You don't. As for more grip, lower profile tires do not give you more handling abilitys because there is less sidewall and is much stiffer so it cant absorb the cars force of turning into the corners. How do they solve this? Have million dollar budgets and have the ablity to get a new set of tires every 40 miles.

I have a set of 14's hx rims on my si hatch. I like them cuz they are light weight, helps on the acceleration, and looks good too..oh and they help with the fuel consumption. The down side is that handling is unsure and feels loose with them. Maybe its cuz i havent lowered my hatch and i dont have sway bars on my car but from my expierence with carsi dont think it would make too much of a difference even if i had those mods. I would rather up grade to some 15's rota slip streams. I love the way 17's feels when it comes to handling but for every gain u get u give up somthing and that acceleration and fuel consumption. I would think that some light weight 16's slip streams are the best balance u can get but tires might hurt the wallet a bit. So...if money isnt an issue...15's or 16' rota slipstreams or real spoon rims is a good way too go. If ur like me, 14 hx rims are really good too..lol

Originally posted by dang civic@Sep 1 2003, 12:38 AM
I love the way 17's feels when it comes to handling but for every gain u get u give up somthing and that acceleration and fuel consumption.

i disagree with you 232131312123213%.

i've had them all

17x7
16x7
15x7
15x6.5
14x6

the best handelding pakcage by far, was the 15x7.

why? because in a 205/50 tire, its perfect.

like Collin said, the JGTC cars running 19x10's on their supras are also running 15" calipers, and moreoover, the 275/40/19 or whatever is still about the same amount of sidewall that a 205/50 gives.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Aug 31 2003, 09:27 AM-->
highperboi
@Aug 31 2003, 02:58 AM

yes and no. We will use N1 Supras for example. One yes they have 700+ hp so a hundred extra pounds in Unsprung weight will not kill them that much. Second, supras are big, they have alot of power, fast acceleration so they need BIG brakes to stop them when going from 140-40 in just a few seconds. So how do you fit 15 inch rotors under a 13 inch wheel? You don't. As for more grip, lower profile tires do not give you more handling abilitys because there is less sidewall and is much stiffer so it cant absorb the cars force of turning into the corners. How do they solve this? Have million dollar budgets and have the ablity to get a new set of tires every 40 miles.

:werd:

would have said the exact same shit if i saw this one before you :)

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Sep 1 2003, 01:27 AM-->
Originally posted by asmallsol@Aug 31 2003, 09:27 AM
highperboi
@Aug 31 2003, 02:58 AM

:werd:

would have said the exact same shit if i saw this one before you :)

:werd: :withstupid: :ditto:

Back