Limited Slip

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95sir

I ws messing around today and did a burnout and noticed that I spun bot tires and I did it again.... Still two black marks. My motor is the b16a sir II what is the pos that I have limited slip it is the Y21 trans..
also I did the mat trick; where you stick mats under the tires and seeif they both spin...Thery both flew out....I guess it was stupid but i thought I would try it...

I hear ya but I never coud do it with my buddies si or my old motor/trans except when I turned the wheels...I forgot to say that the marks were even on both sides...

maybe then..... only way to know for sure would be to actually check though

How would I check....isnt there a stamp somewhere if it is factory(is there a such thing) unless it id aftermarket?

Originally posted by 95sir@Nov 8 2003, 05:43 PM
How would I check....isnt there a stamp somewhere if it is factory(is there a such thing) unless it id aftermarket?

take the tire off, remove the axle and use a light to look into the hole where the axle was. if you can see a rod in the middle than you don't have lsd and if you not thing other than the end of your other axle then you got lsd. this method is just for remove 1 axle. now if you have time on your hand then remove both axles. this way if you can see a rod in the middle of the openning then you don't have lsd, and if you can see thru the openning then you got lsd.

Originally posted by MaliWho97@Nov 8 2003, 05:23 PM
Even if you do have it, I'd change it out for the quaife.

Duh... the OEM LSD is just fine unless you're launching it all day with clutch dumps under boost at the track.

<_<

Easier way to check if you have LSD without taking everything apart- jack up the front end of the car so the wheels are off the ground. Make sure you're in neutral. Turn one of the front wheels with your hands. If the opposite side spins in the same direction (both like you're moving forward or backward), then you have the OEM LSD. If one spins like forward and the other backward, you have an open differential.

Back