1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

little oil leaking.

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by ExtremeArsonal, Nov 19, 2008.

1. ExtremeArsonal

ExtremeArsonal New Member

I have a little bit of oil leaking where the head meets the block.
    any Ideas how i can fix this?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. tabKola

tabKola New Member

Check to make sure its not leaking from the valve cover or distributor gaskets first. Then if your positive its only leaking where the head meets the block then all you can really do is change the headgasket.

3. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

Head gasket would be a good idea. Have you recently done anything to the motor? Rebuild or work on it? Perhaps the head bolts aren't torqued correctly?

4. ExtremeArsonal

well i just got the car not to long ago.
    it was a swap. so i dont know to much about it.
    how hard is changing the head gasket normally. Because I have a friend thats gonna help me and he is a mechanic. also how much $ do you think it will take.

5. eastbxc

eastbxc Custom User Title

wipe down the whole motor clean first then drive it around for a day or so check and see and that might be able to give you a better idea where the leak might be coming from

6. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

word..clean the motor and drive it for a little bit,,you will be sure whre the leak is after that,i now my valve cover gasket went bad and the oil looked like it was coming rom the headgaskt

7. ExtremeArsonal

if it is coming from the head gaskets. i think my friend put a new gasket on. could it be possible he didnt torque the head bolts correctly if it is coming from the head?

8. t3t4delsol

t3t4delsol New Member

honda head bolts are torque to yield, meaning they can only be used 1 time. If you friend put a new gasket on ask him if he replaced the headbolts. more then likely he didn't and the bolts stretched.

9. futureskylineowner

futureskylineowner New Member

mine was leaking from a little higher up but it was a seal
    but cleaning and driving is the first thing to do

10. ExtremeArsonal

ok after talking to my mechanic. he did not replace the head studs. so the gasket he bought and put on is still under warranty. im going to get him to take that off and get it exchanged and im buying arp head studs but i got a question. its a b16a jdm engine.
    will these head studs work?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__ARP-Head-Studs-Honda-B16A-208-4601_W0QQitemZ120332025316QQadiZ2865QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item120332025316&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A543|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted