LMA's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Justin66

The Hondaswap Canadian
I have read all i could about lost motion assemblies and im still a little confused. I got an oil change a few days ago to a thicker weight oil (5w-20 to 5w-30), not a huge difference but now, when cold, they make noticeable ticks in a very uneven rhythm. They go away when warm like i figured.

My questions are: How many are there and how long on average to replace? Could it damage any of the valve train? Could the oil just need some time to settle in?

Sorry if any of this sounds ignorant but i have searched around and the haynes manual isnt helping too much more.

Thanks.

theres 8 of them.. you have to take your cams out then take your rocker assy out then they just pull out of their little chambers.. its not to difficult just make sure you keep your rocker assy together and dont mix them up and there is small bearings in the rocker arms that may slide out so be careful on that...

Thanks for the clarification on that, im slowly making friends with some of the kids at honda and im gonna try to talk them into doing/helping me fix them. My mom might also be working in parts for them so cha ching. Im not saying i couldnt do it myself but i would rather have someone who has done it be around. Its my DD so i cant have it off the road too long because i messed up somewhere lol.

yeah its always good to leave it to someone who knows what their doing. im building my motor right now so it easy to just teach myself everything but yeah good luck with that hope it works out

Thanks 92teg and blanco. If i were putting the engine together from scratch it wouldnt be a big deal id learn as i go like you said. I should go find a junk b engine and play around with it. Stupid apartment living...

hell just put it on an engine stand an build it in your apartment. i had a motor in my bedroom for a while.. its always warm and well lit what more could you ask for

If i put any part of my car in the bedroom my girlfriend will be convinced i'm cheating on her with an 18 year old imported japanese hottie....... kinda hard to when she weighs 2400 pounds.

Last edited:
If i put any part of my car in the bedroom my girlfriend will be convinced i'm cheating of her with an 18 year old imported japanese hottie....... kinda hard to when she weighs 2400 pounds.

:lmao: :bo::bo::bo::laughing1::laughing1:

That's just AWESOME! haha!

Here- I shot this picture when I changed out my LMAs.

lma_location.jpg

*raises hand* Not to thread jack, but where would be a good place to order LMA's from besides straight from the dealership?

Dealer for the win then. Thanks, Mike. They're around $300 or so, right? I wish I could just order them online.

sometimes the dealer is cheaper because you dont have to pay for shipping, and they may be able to overnight it to their shop if they dont have it on hand.

sometimes.

that sucks. my dealer price matches Majestic's prices, and doesnt charge me for shipping, and will even sometimes discount the price even further. especially if i buy a lot at one time. idk, my parts guy's cool.

Back