local shop price

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chb504

I went to this shop down here in Louisiana to check out how much they want for a b18c swap in a 93 hatch. They told me 3800 for engine etc and labor is included in the price. Do you guys think that this is a reasonable price. They shop does very good work and many people down here liked the job they did on their car.

-danny

You really have to know what you're getting though. New clutch, timing belt, water pump, other belts, new axles, lsd? That's what I would want, but I don't know any shops who would do it in vegas.

Good price. :thumbsup:

The going rate around Dallas is about $4500 installed.

The going rate around Dallas is about $4500 installed.

Damn...The owner said 4300 for a type r installed....I talked to the owner today and he said that there is a 30 day warrenty on the engine, anything goes wrong i bring it back and they fix it for no charge. I forgot to ask about the lsd....eh well my dad said he'll be happier letting them do the swap then me and him haha anyway thanks for your opinions.

-danny

That's a good price either way, and if you can get the warrantee in writing, even better.

Back