Logitech X-530

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

I just got a set of the Logitech X-530 for $43 with $10 rebate. It works great. sorta. Initially only the front two speakers were working, however, I downloaded a new driver for the Creative Lab sound card and now i got the rear two speakers working, but the center still doesnt work.
I have an Asus mobo with a Soundblaster Live! [D400] sound card. I dont know if the sound card is 5.1, but it should be since it has all the plugs for the wires. Orange, green, and black. Also, i have the SP2 upgrade as well and all the lastest drivers and firmware. I know people tell me it doesnt give 5.1 if the source isnt, but ive tried all my dvd movies and none of them have the center speaker working. I have windvd 6 platnium and enabled both the 5.1 speaker setting in windows and the creative lab mixer.
A weird thing is, when i do the testing, all the speakers work, even the center one. One thing people suggested is turn CMSS on, but that was junk. It worked but the rear had some weird echoing and distortion and someone else said the CMSS isnt true 5.1
SO PLEASE HELP

a lot of the time, the sound card will set the center stage kinda like an LFE channel for the sub... basically taking a freq range from the stero mix and putting it to that speaker.

i have a 5.1 peakwer set up with an asus board as well, and i've never got it better than 3.1 center, l/r and sub. if i get the rear surrounds on, i loose my front mains.

i wish people would just make a damn soundcard that used normal audio outputs like a digital coax or optical line to a sub/amp that did all the processing.

did you get a digital setup?

my creative live card is digital only. i have no problems running 5.1 on mine.

hehe, this HP has three jacks on it. two for speakers, and one for a microphone. There's a setting on it that i can change one set of speaker jacks to fronts, the other to rears, and the microphone jack into a subwoofer jack. Thought it was cool, but never seen a sub that plugs straight into a jack.

How can i tell if its digitial? On the back of my card it says black and green is out. and the orange said 3rd out or digital out. do i need to plug a wire from my cdrom to the sound card?

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jan 7 2005, 06:58 PM
Bah. Digital is SO 1999. Optical is where it's at. :p
[post=442741]Quoted post[/post]​

for sure! but you have no idea how in the dark most users are about digital though. it rocks regardless.

endlesszeal: the jack all the way to the left on my card is digital, its orange.

after days of trying to figure it out i finally got it. i have to set the sound card to analog and turn of AC3 decoding and let the player do the decoding. I downloaded PowerDvd 6 and it works great. I got rid of the pain in the ass windvd6. the source definately has to be 5.1 too because with mp3s i get only 4 channels and not the center.
hope this helps anyone with problems in the future. oh yeah and the logitechs fucking kick ass for 15 bucks. 30 bucks off with an amazon visa and 10 bucks rebate.. lol yeah im cheap so what.

actually i have another question. i have my subwoofer about 3 inches away from my case. thats not agood thing right? or is it okay? in case, i mean the computer case. will it mess up the hard drives or burners because of the excessive "thump"?

Back