Looken for a new toy.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djyox

I am looking at buying a cheap car that has some punch out of the box, after driving a 1979 911SC Targa last year, I was hooked on the 911s, and after 81 porsche dumped on the HPs and got the little 911 over 200. waiting for a 82, actualy waiting for me to save up the right amount of cash. But the 81-83 911sc does 0-60 in 7 flat...and its got that flat 6 thats always nice, but those damn racing petals are funny to drive with. where they come from the floor rather than under the dash. But looking to spend around $7k and I can get one of those for that...any other Ideas? Don't need looks as much as I want performance. but saying Porsche does get some looks...but not that I care about that. let me know any ideas. cheaper the car the better.

old porches suck. had a friend with an 84 911 with 80,000 miles and it broke down every 2 months.

yup thats them old Porsches! but I still like them, its not my everyday driver so I would be ok with that.

Drove my brothers 91 911 Cab and thought it sucked. The clutch was very heavy and the shifter was not very positive. It felt like driving a truck. I have to admit though, there is probably not a sexier car on the planet.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 15 2003, 01:07 AM
i agree. old porsche's are pretty much garbage.

You can say that about any exotic sports car. Look at ferraris and lambs. they're in the shop 90% of the time. Sure they look good, and when they're working they perform incredibley, there's just been a history of problems with 'exotic cars'. ...even jags are that way.

good luck trying to find one for under $7k, if you do it's gonna need a lot of work.
My boss just sold a 68 911s for $9k about a year ago. I say your better off looking for a 911t and getting a 911s motor, and swaping it in, it'll be a lot cheaper .
the 911t (targa) was only like 90 hp and is an undersireable model to collectors.

If you want a realy porsche start looking around for a 930 , the grey market 930 is even faster. if you can find one.

:withstupid: It will be in the shop every other week.

You will be spending more money to maintain it that you will spend on it. Then once you realize you've made a mistake, you'll end up selling it for practically nothing. old porshe's = waste IMO

I would never find an RX-7 turbo, can find an rx7 but turbos are worth more than gold around here.

I drove some type of rare edition porsche TT that was built in the early 90's. The fuckin car was sick. The guy told me that the motor ws bullet proof but who knows. Huge calipers, stoped on a dime. The one thing that I didn't like is the porshe interior and pedals. But then again, it's a porsche, i'd hit it :p

Milan

Back