looking for a B18A swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FakeTypeR

i cant find any places selling a B18A motor tranny and ecu to do a swap in a 91 Si....im looking to turbo the car and get the bottom end built up...i think thats a better motor then the B16a1..but manybe other people will say otherwise?

thanks..there was alot of nice stuff at that place.....i dident know the SiR had a diffrent front end..what is it..just like a lip on the bumper?? and how is the hood diffrent?

true SiR's have different front bumpers, headlight assembly, corner lights, and hood, and i would asume all the brackets and such to be different too, its why when you by true EF parts you have to modify them for USDM cars

check you local auto dismantlers, i can get a b18a1 swap(engine,tranny,axels,shiftlinkage,ecu, etc ) for $850 here

-joseph

If you are really planning on building this motor from like the ground up, I might be able to help. I have right now a B18a in my crx. One big problem, the main bearing is spun and I might have taken out a rod. But if your going to rebuild, then that doesnt matter. I would sell you the short block for a decent price, but I need the tranny and axles for my next swap. Let me know if you want more info or whatnot. :ph34r:

I believe if a main bearing is spun, the block is toast, correct me if im wrong, if it isnt toast it will cost alot for a machine shop to correct the damage.

Originally posted by crx@Mar 10 2004, 10:10 PM
check you local auto dismantlers, i can get a b18a1 swap(engine,tranny,axels,shiftlinkage,ecu, etc ) for $850 here

-joseph

yeah, spodab1 picked up 2 b18a's for $150 +plus trading 4 dead d-series cores. so if you offer a trade then you might be able to get everything you need for around $500.

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4+Mar 12 2004, 12:50 PM-->
@Mar 10 2004, 10:10 PM

-joseph

yeah, spodab1 picked up 2 b18a's for $150 +plus trading 4 dead d-series cores. so if you offer a trade then you might be able to get everything you need for around $500.

JOEL empty you PM box. It's full.

no thanks im not trying to buy just a core...it will be less painless to buy everything together..but thanks..good luck with it

Originally posted by FakeTypeR@Mar 12 2004, 05:01 PM
no thanks im not trying to buy just a core...it will be less painless to buy everything together..but thanks..good luck with it

Both engines I got are complete, one has a blown Headgasket. They are complete other than that. And I only paid $150 for 2, but I traded 3 cores and 1 intake manifold gasket, along with 1 dead D series transmission.

Back