Looking for a mechanic in SD or LA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

divisii

I posted in another forum, maybe there's no answer ... My d16Y7 has 150k. It needs a head gasket cause it overheats idling/sitting 5minutes; a 3rd/replacement of the cat - frequently blows p0420, catalytic below threshold .... I don't have the place or time for it, so I'd prefer to pay someone to drop a b18b1 motor/trans. IT HAS TO BE CALIFORNIA LEGAL, including factory Integra intake, ecu, etc.. I want to use a/c and pwr steer. I talked to some mechanics and they don't seem interested. Advice please, where can I go for this?

theres no good shops that i know of here in SD. i mean, i know there are some, but i don't know the names, and most shops here i have heard do hack jobs, bad.

a-right thanx for the info and offer .. I figured so on the lack of reliable.. I'm capable of doin da job, just've gotta figure out the logistics etc.

Quoted post[/post]]
talk to green light honda. those guys are amazing. they are located in Pann auto's old shop area (not affiliated with Pann in any way so don't worry).
there website is http://www.greenlighthonda.com
hopefully they aren't. Pann did fuckin hack jobs.

then again, i wouldn't go to Green Light after seeing that fugly ass lime green EF hatch with the Green Light stickers all over it. the dude lives over by the Aero drive police station on Gramercy Dr.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
talk to green light honda. those guys are amazing. they are located in Pann auto's old shop area (not affiliated with Pann in any way so don't worry).

then again, i wouldn't go to Green Light after seeing that fugly ass lime green EF hatch with the Green Light stickers all over it. the dude lives over by the Aero drive police station on Gramercy Dr.
hahaha. that is their beater ass parts car. it's pretty much stock with a zillion miles on it.
But seriously, Jerry Sample is amazing when it comes to hondas. he is one of the only 2 mechanics i let touch my car. I was actually referred to him by Cush Acura. Trust me, they are in no way associated with pann (except for leasing space from them) and do amazing work.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

hahaha. that is their beater ass parts car. it's pretty much stock with a zillion miles on it.
But seriously, Jerry Sample is amazing when it comes to hondas. he is one of the only 2 mechanics i let touch my car. I was actually referred to him by Cush Acura. Trust me, they are in no way associated with pann (except for leasing space from them) and do amazing work.
yea, i just laugh at that car, though, everytime i see it around. that shit about blinds you looking at it :p

I know some ppl that used Pann Motorsports .. good times .. yea, their rep sucked. Appreciate the info. I hafta look into this.

Give Hookups a call they are in Upland 909-373-7223.

They did my b16 swap and it was perfect.

Ask for Chris.

Quoted post[/post]]

Ask for Chris.

There is actually no Hookups anymore. Jason (from Rage) and Chris (from Hookups) worked out their differences and decided to merge their shops and create Whitfield Racing. The new shop is at the old location of hookups, except is bigger and better--for example they now have both their dynos. But I do agree, both shops were great and I think that they will compliment eachother very nicely, so give em a call.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Ask for Chris.

There is actually no Hookups anymore. Jason (from Rage) and Chris (from Hookups) worked out their differences and decided to merge their shops and create Whitfield Racing. The new shop is at the old location of hookups, except is bigger and better--for example they now have both their dynos. But I do agree, both shops were great and I think that they will compliment eachother very nicely, so give em a call.

All right Mike don't kill me but I have only heard one thing about Hookups from Taylor
they did his H22 swap for him in his Accord first off they gave him the run around for about 2 months
while his car was sitting in their shop then the whole wiring was FUCKED and Taylor took it somewhere
else to have it fixed. Now if you say they are good I believe you, but this is my experience.
Call Do It Dyno ask for Bubba it's in Signal Hill right by Long Beach, he's the bomb.
But as long as you don't go to Pann you should be ok. Oh and by the way Enginuity in SD ROCKS!!!!

don't go to engineuity. or if you do, beware, they sold me a 98 spec jdm itr tranny for 1200 bucks two years ago, come to find out last week that it was actually a jdm b16 lsd tranny!!!! so watch out for them. If you are in SD, believe me, talk to jerry sample at greenlight. probably the most trustworthy shop i have ever run into.

96IntegGSR said:
don't go to engineuity. or if you do, beware, they sold me a 98 spec jdm itr tranny for 1200 bucks two years ago, come to find out last week that it was actually a jdm b16 lsd tranny!!!! so watch out for them. If you are in SD, believe me, talk to jerry sample at greenlight. probably the most trustworthy shop i have ever run into.

yea, i've heard that enginuity is shady too. i would be careful. basically there are still too many ricers around here taht want to have their own shop. thats basically what Pann was.

Back