Looking for a New used car.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nealo

I've decided to sell the civic and get something with a little newer look. I just need a car for school and work. I need a car with relatively good gas mileage because my school is about 50 miles total, to and from everyday. So far I've narrowed it down to 99+ Mustang (V6), 98+ Accord I4, or 01+ Civic. This car is not going to be used for racing in any way but I am going to put a strong audio system so I'm going to need something that can carry around all that extra weight. Oh, and I want to switch over to automatic trans. now, there is a lot of traffic near the campus and I'm just not up to that task. The mustang is on the list because the 99+ look isn't too bad. Any input and non-flaming would be appreciated. What car do you think I should get, whether it be on the list or not.

if it were my decision, and i picked from on the list... i would go with an accord coupe. i like the lines... and it gets decent gas mileage over the 'stang. the civic is the better economy choice, but i'm not too into civics.

have you given thought to a 4 door integra? they're pretty good on gas also, and can handle the load :)

on the list: stang... and i don't even like the fuckin' things, your list just sucks :p .
off the list: teg. sedan or hatch.

98+ accord coupe, but you got to get the one with the V6 so it will be able to handle the weight.

alright forget the list. I'm looking for a car, or truck that would be perfect for a sound competition system. It has to be able to pull the relatively heavy weight and at the same time have pretty good gas mileage. I'm done with racing, I just need a vehicle to get me to and from school/work while having a good system (and alarm of course).

how is it? I'm kind of reluctant to buy a 4 cylinder 4runner, after all I'm gonna have a hefty system in it and all.

for heavier loads, i say get the v6, but mine hauls some good loads also... i have 2 kids, all their crap, groceries, going uphill isn't hard. mine is also a manual, but even the auto you can downshift yourself.

:) i really like it though... it handles well for an suv. and likes mud puddles :ph34r:

if you want something good for a stereo, look at the Scion xB, its a box. you would get some great sound out of that, and you can get it with an AEM intake and stuff from the factory, 14K base, about 17-18l with every possible option

get the mustang. RWD and you still can beat all the ricers. just get a coupe, not a vert if, if you want trunk space. they're beautiful cars and there is a large aftermarket support for the v6. just check out stangnet forums to see.
or buy my 95 mustang gt =)

Get the Mustang. When I get mine it'll be a 2000 + GT, I'm not even going to mess with the weak ass 193 hp 3.8 OHV V6s...

MOD 4.6 SOHC GT motor is where its at... B)

If I got a stang, it would be the new 05 model, that thing is beaUtiful, I love the 67 and 69 lines that are in it, and the GT has wonderful performance, Ford actually hit the mark especially on the interior for once!

I've heard some really bad ass sound systems in Golfs check out a TDI model it gets 45-50mpg

569_19.jpg
once again you are going to school and want something for back and forth driving..... that would be a top pick if it were me

now if you just want a newer car and could care less about what you do with it get an A4 they can be had for 6-15K get so so gas milage like 20-30

or check out the new Civic SIs I bet you could put a bad ass system in one due to it being a hatch

buying a v6 mustang is like buying a turd. don't waste your time.

a good commuter, space for a system....
98 dodge caravan se

lol

Back