Loopy Idle?? B18C1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxboi

Okay another question. I have a loppy idle after running my car for more then 30 minutes. The error code that comes up are..7=TPS and 22= VTEC Pressure Switch. Would any of these be the culprit? Thanks

I should ask pissedoff dude...if the TPS would create a rev limit of only 7000 rpm?

if you ask pissedoff dude directly, pissedoff dude won't answer.

but to answer your question, yes the tps could be the idle problem. fix the codes then reset the ecu. let us know if that fails because there are a lot of things that could do it. but keep it simple. most commonly the simplest solution is the right answer.

I should ask pissedoff dude...if the TPS would create a rev limit of only 7000 rpm?

Buddy fix the fucking problems you know about, then if there are still problems go after those. The ECU has check engine codes to tell you what you need to fix. How difficult is this to understand?

GEEZ, some people get so bent outta shape about asking questions in here? LateApex31 seems to have his panties in a bunch. Why you gotta swear and try and put people down. So sad your life.

GEEZ, some people get so bent outta shape about asking questions in here? LateApex31 seems to have his panties in a bunch. Why you gotta swear and try and put people down. So sad your life.

eh, some people have short tempers with newer members. don't take it to heart. a lot of the time noobs will ask for advice and not take it. it's annoying trying to help people and have them talk back. you didn't do it, i'm just playing devils advocate to help you understand why some people are quick to snap.

You ask why your idle is not right but you have a check engine light for a TPS (which is obviously the issue) and another code for VTEC pressure switch. You seem to rather sit around on the internet than fix the problems. Ask all you want, but nothing is going to magically repair your wiring/sensor issues. Your life is the sad one with no VTEC!;)

this is getting personal from LateApex so we should end this thread. As you may have not read my profile idiots, I live on an island where getting parts is about as hard as finding tempermental people in forums. so I do not sit around asshole. I ordered the TPS and another switch but wanted to make sure I am not buying these fucking expensive parts for nothing and it still doesnt work. I thought that is what these forums are for, no matter new or veterans at this. so fuck off all you people who dont have the patience with us NOOBS..lmao

Calm down. lol. LateApex is a noob to the forum too, so don't worry about it too much. Your problem might not be your TPS, as my TPS is working properly (well, no CELs at least) yet I still have a rather sloppy idle. But you should fix the TPS problem first, as was mentioned, to rule out that potential problem. I see that you already ordered a new tps, but check the wire continuity with a voltmeter, and TPS voltage from closed to WOT. I believe it is a 5 volt range from closed to WOT, but I'm not sure- turboedit figures that out for me, lol.

Thanks MikeBergy, I am waiting for a new TPS and Vtec switch to come in since this is hawaii and it takes forever to get anything here. I tested the three wires and there is continuity on the right wires. Also checked the wires to the VTEC pressure switch and that one was correct too. So I am just making sure that it wasn't a faulty ECU or something. Anyways, thanks again.

i know im late getting to this, but not only does the tps cause this problem, but the IACV and the FITV cause it as well. Im not SURE of where they are on the b-series, but on the h, the IACV is on the front of the IM and the FITV is on the bottom of the TB. Make sure to clean out the IACV screen and also make sure the screw for the FITV is screwed all the way in. Those are both common problems on the lude. I dont see why the b-series couldnt have the same problem

Thanks reikoshea. I need to check if the B-series have those. I only read the codes from the ECU.

im pretty sure you at least have the iacv (even though its probably not in the same place) and when my friend cleaned out his on his gsr it started running right again. He would unplug the TPS and it would run right, but the IACV was the problem event though there was a code for tps and unplugging the tps fixed it.

Back