Loss of power.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

badbreedchiney

i have a 1990 honda civic with a SOHC ZC engine inside. lately it has been feeling slower than when i first got it. nothing has been done to the car in regards to performance as i'm currently fixing other problems but i fear that this lack of speed is really another problem in the making. the head gasket blew a few months ago on me and it was replaced, timing and everything was done and set back properly. is there anything i can do to increase performance?

can i turn my little sohc zc to a dohc? if so whats the procedure?

will iridium spark plugs help to give me the kick my car once had?

start with checking your filters (air/fuel) and your ignition parts (cap/rotor/plugs) and see what they look like. It could be as simple as needing a tune up.

someone mentioned to me that i can put a d15 vtec head on my zc. how would the wiring work out for this? what will i need to do to get job done and ensure everything would work in the correct order?

I have never done a mini me build before so I cannot speak with authority on this but I think the procedure is to remove the oil control jet from the engine block while the head is off, change to the head gasket that matches your head, possibly install a new oil feed for the vtec solenoid ala ls/vtec?, get a new ecu and distributor, run the wires for the vtec solenoid and pressure switch. Could be more than that, I don't know for sure. Ask around or search the forums. There are many people on here that have built a mini me setup with great success. Good luck.

Back