Lost Reverse

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sprocker

Anyone ever have any trouble with reverse, I raced this weekend and when I went to leave I tried to put the car in reverse and it feels like there is something in the way. Seems weird reverse would go out, don't have any problems with any other gears. This is in an Accord and I was just wondering if anyone else had any problems like this or any idea's. I am going to pull the tranny and throw in the LSD this week hopefully so I figure I better just fix reverse while I am in there. Thanks for any suggestions.

i had that happen in my prelude. took it to honda and they had to replace the shift fork and some other shit.

to temporarily get around the proble ... just put it into a forward gear and then directly into reverse .... dont know why this works but it does

quit shifting like a retard. Common problem of people pounding the shit out a tranny. The speed of the car comes from the power of the engine, not banging gears left and right.

Actually the problem was that the 5th gear syncro in the accords is very bad and so when shifting to 5th it grinds unless you double clutch which I did but if other people drove sometimes they didn't know to do that and 5th and reverse are connected so the grinding of 5th which was shifted into very slow since I only see 5th gear at high speeds on the interstate never in a racing manor. So my shifting was not a problem but thanks for trying to act like you know everthing.

Replace your tranny fluid. That should help for a while. Go to a GM parts department, pick up the Manual transmission fluid called Syncromesh transmission fluid WITH FRICTION MODIFIERS. Did wonders for my tranny. No more grinds, I can actually get it into first, it is great.

BG syncroshift is what we used on all the cars in our dealership when people didnt want to overhaul their transmission. that stuff works really good.

I got it all fixed and I used the Honda MTF, works great, oh wait my car still has no engine, but I have the MTF to throw in when I get the engine reasembled, hopefully this time it will last longer.

Back