LOW IDLE w/slight hesitation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vmk23

I just got all my wiring finished and everything hooked up right in my 88 CRX as well as no longer throwing any codes since the swap (D16Y8 w/P28). I'm dying to get her out on the road to tear it up however the car's idle drops to about 400 rpm's when warm and then when i go to rev it good and hard there is hesitation for a split second before the tach shoots up. I just replaced the High Idle Control Valve with the swap, and i had my Idle Air Control Valve checked out by a honda mechanic who said it is ok. Once the engine gets past the initial 1/2 second hesitation it's smooth sailing. Anyone have/had this problem??? Thanks

When my buddy did his b16 swap, it did the same thing with the hesitation. Turned out some water vapor had gotten down in the spark plugs. He just ran it hard and then took the plugs out for it to dry out. Ran fine every since.

never thought of that...would the timing also make the car idle that low? (400 rpm) I've never done timing before, people told me it's a pain but i'll snag a timing light today and let you guys know how i make out.

Back