Low Price?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NewbieCRXSi

I just wanted to know what you all thoguht would be a better idea..... the crx si i bought had the timing belt slip on it and the motor no longer runs so i can get that rebuilt or overhauled for bout 1k...so what i wanted to is what motors will go in my 90crx si with the very least mods to anything...... like the ZC DOHC non vtec motor will there be any modifications needed at all? or will everything bolt up? i only want to spend about 1k-1200 so i cant spend a lot on modifying electrics thanks for all your help i really wanna get this car up n running soon :worthy:

basically all i need to know is what i have to modify to put a non vtec ZC DOHC motor in my Si? thanks please help if you can

im not exactly sure, there is a forum somewhere about this, but i think you can get the engine/transmission/ecu/wire harness for around 700 and then you would have to buy some mounts, hasport has some, probably around 200, not sure. but i think it should almost all be plug n play. that doesnt leave much for installation but try to look around and find a good deal. im not sure about axles though, not very fluent about crx dohc zc swaps. if you decide to do the zc swap it would give your crx some spunk.

moving to the EF forum

Look into dropping in a D16z6 engine.

You can pick them up in perfect running shape with under 100k miles for about $300 or less, and all you need is an RPM activated switch and a few sensors and distributor off your stock engine to make 125 hp.

It's a VERY simple, effective swap.

or, do as u said and drop in the ZC, u can get it for like $500, use stock Si tranny and all that, get an 89 integra ecu, also a ZC is a funner engine to drive than the d16z6, my .02 is to get the ZC and drop it in, get 89 teg ecu.

Ahhh hell why dont you tell him to drop in an H22? Those are fun to drive... naw justin kidding it wont be plug-n-play. Go with what SleEPer_CRX said
or, do as u said and drop in the ZC, u can get it for like $500, use stock Si tranny and all that, get an 89 integra ecu, also a ZC is a funner engine to drive than the d16z6, my .02 is to get the ZC and drop it in, get 89 teg ecu.

i know a lot of people say that the zc dohc runs better with the teg ecu but can i use the stock Si ecu with out changing anything around or what?

get the first gen integra ecu. its best to run the ecu made for the engine. i dont know if its compatible w/ the si ecu, i myself doubt it. be safe and spend a little more now before you spend a lot later.

dude, dont b a loser. an ECU from a wrecker is like $50 tops!, all u gotta do is take back ur carpet, undo 4 nuts, slide off protector plate. unplug 3 plugs, then do the reverse. its easy as pie man, and takes 20 min for someone that doesnt know what they are doing. takes 5 min for a person thats done it once before. its not hard to find an old teg ecu. U CAN use the stock Si ecu, but it wont run NEAR to its potential. it will just act like a ZC has 2 weak cylinders. if u spend a little time and $$$ u will have a strong engine that will pull while at 7000.

well what exactly do you mean by doing a reverse? i talked with my friends mechanic "gilmer" lol and he said that it would be way to much of a hassle?

tell ur friend the mechanic hes a fucking moron, seriously. right no after u read this, go into ur passenger side door, pull off the little molding that hides where the carpet end, Just pull its in by little clips. take out 3 of the little black spacers that are right below glove box and on the plastic piece on front of passenger side foot well. ull see it when u look, now with those out. simply pull back the carpet like a foot. u should see a big gold cover held in place by 4 10mm nuts, take those off. take off the plate. and there sits the ecu. just slide it out over the bolts, unhook the 3 ecu plugs, and plug them into the new integra ECU. then ( what i meant by reverse), slide the ECu back over the bolts, put back on the protector plate put the 4 nuts on. and redo the carpet. dude, im a novice and i did it in 20 min, its easy after u figure out what ur doing. so go to your car right now, take a look. get the carpet pulled back take off the protector plate, see the 3 ecu plugs ( all have a different shape and size so u cant get confused) then put it back together. then the next time u do it, ull be able to do it in 5 seconds. im not lieng man its EASY, and it will make ur ZC run 10 times better. after u do it, go back to your mechanic friend and tell him he should quit his job.

also, this isnt a hassle at all. and having the teg ECU instead of the SI ecu will make u run .3-.4 faster in 1/4mile.

Back