Low voltage from ecu to vtec pressure sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D15Beater

HNFTuning
I checked the voltage from my ecu to my vtec pressure sensor @ the plug that plug into it. Should have a 12volt signal coming from the ecu, to the sensor, out the sensor and back to the ecu. Thing is, when i tested the harness coming form the ECU, the voltmeter only showed 1.2 volts going to the sensor. No code 22, but I dont think vtec is crossingover like it should. Ive checked the wires at the ecu and at the OBD1 jumper. Anybody? The vtec soilenoid works, I tested it by jumping the wire straight to a hot.

Got the high impedence injectors in there and just for shits and giggles messed with the cam timing some today. The old owner built the engine without the timing belt cover on there. The camshaft timing was off a tooth. this is how I set it. I set the engine to TDC, Crankshaft lined up with the very right edge of the tensioner bolt. Then loosened the camshaft bolt, loosened the cam gear so it would move freely. Set the key in the camshaft straight up, not level to the ground up, but parallel to the engine. Worked perfect....

In the end I ended up having to retard the camshaft 7*. Then idle is still gagging but my starter burnt up yesterday and pushing it off to start it is PITA. So itll be a few more days before i tackle that.

Vtec is working now, i was pulling a code 22 that wouldnt go away and yes the oil level is good. Fixed that by looping the pressure sensor into the vtec solenoid, its been done for years on jdm engines with vtec without the pressure sensor. Worked great...vtec really stands out with that Crower stage 2 camshaft.

I also tackled my cooling fan issue by wiring it through the old A/C harness. Now i just hit the A/C button if my fan relay fails to click.

Car pulls to 9200 rpm fast in 1st gear, thats almost 45 mph. Crazy. I want some dyno numbers on this thing bad.
punk.gif

Back