Low Voltage???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondagod98

here's the problem that i obvously can't figure out....

i have a 98 civic ex with a jdm b16a motor - stock alternator - stock pullies - oem belt. the belt is properly tensioned - no noise or slips.....

when i start my car voltage sits about 14.1 - 14.4 perfectly normal for a running vehicle... after driving for about 10 min i will get about 12.4 - 12.6 at idle... still considered normal for a honda... shortly after that unless i have my a/c on, i will notice that voltage will be constant at 12.4 - 12.6 unless my engine rpm is above about 3200...

i was thinking bad voltage regulator - but the voltage regulator doesn't know how fast the motor is turning - it either knows whether it's running or not. never had a problem starting the car - battery voltage is steady when the car is off... no - i'm not one of the not so smart people that have relocated their battery to the trunk of my honda either....

hopefully someone else has had this problem and there's an easy fix. thanks

ya - kinda what i was thinking too - everything looks good though... maybe some kerosene and a box of matches will help... heh

i have a 91 hatch with mini me and it does the same thing

Back