lowering springs jacked my car up!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90sihatch

I installed my agx's and vogtland springs about 2 weeks ago, and the car does not seem to be any lower at all in the back. The front seems somewhat lowered, but the back almost looks higher. I'm sure we installed everything right, but I'm just very confused about why this would happen. The springs appeared to be physically smaller than the stocks, but could the stiffer rates make it appear higher? what can I do?

just drive on em...im sure they will break in. they are definitely gonna be stiffer than stock, so once you get some more driving time in, hopefully they wull die down...as wierd as it is to say.

the stiffer springs will effect your performance in some manner, the lower center of gravity doesn't have too much of an effect on cars such as hondas, don't worry about that aspect

are the springs full seated in the perches, when installing my springs and shocks we noticed the springs did not seat all the way

Yeah, all of them are set in right, and I'm almost positive they are correct front and back. It's been like 3 weeks now and I've driven on them quite a bit, still jacked up. I'm thinking about just buying some h&r race springs to get a real drop.

the H&R springs on my mirage are :wub: but i actually want something stiffer now.

I don't want anything too stiff for everyday driving, I just really want it lower. The stance right now looks really bad and I want it to sit a lot lower.

but will the sport springs give me the drop I'm looking for? I REALLY hate the stance with these springs, the stock springs actually looked better

Is there a big difference in the ride quality between the two? Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna make sure I don't waste more money on springs I don't like.

I ordered one of the shock/spring packages off ebay and they are what came with. They seem to be pretty stiff, they just raised the back up quite a bit.

i got neuspeed race on my del sol, dropped so low it pretty much tucks the front tires. you cant get a finger inbetween the tire and the fender.
maybe 1 finger width gap in the back.

i love the ride, the kyb agx's might have something to do with that though :wink:

i alsor emoved the bumpstops, so i might be dropped a little lower then if i had kept them

Don't always trust the spring company. I bought Progess' for my Accord, and they had them marked reversed. The front was the rear and the rear was the front.

And like someone else mentioned, make sure the spring is sitting right in the perch.

Yeah the springs are seated in the perches correctly and I'm almost positive they are correct front/back, I just need to decide which springs to get now. H&R sport or race, or Neuspeed sport or race. the car is my daily driver, but I plan on doing some autocrossing this summer. I got pretty used to a stiff ride with my last car, but I'm hoping the agx's will at least help to soften it a little bit.

Quoted post[/post]]
I think the only problem is they're garbage-ass ebay springs.

You get what you pay for.

I just posted a similar problem. I had the Neuspeed Sports and it was rated for a 1.8" drop all around and it didn't really lower it at all..barely noticeable. However, my friend had a The Neuspeed Race and his was slammed. I wish I had gotten the Race ones in the first place...

I had Skunk2 two springs which I installed backwords and had the exact same problem you did. Couple days later and they were on right, looking good, and stiffer then hell with the Koni shocks on the SI

I don't think the springs are switched though because of the way they are sitting in the perches. The front perches have an indent where the coil ends, but on the back there is no indent in the perch and the springs I put on back have a fade in the bottom coil so they were flat on the bottom, fitting in the perch correctly. Were they supposed to go on the other way?

Back