Lowering springs without struts?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90sihatch

I want to lower my car, but I dont have the money to buy springs and struts at the same time. I have a 90 si that I want lower, but not too much because I've heard of headers scraping. I want a spring that will give me a decent ride for the time that the stock struts are still on, but at the same time I want to get rid of its hard core body roll. I've looked on ebay and there are so many options, Tein S-tech, eibach pro kit, H&R sport, there are just so many. Does anyone have a suggestion for me about which one to go with? I'm looking to spend less than $200

I have tanabe gf210's and i LOVE them. I have had them on stock struts for about a season(lack of money for agx's) but will be getting struts soon. It dropped my car a little but not a crazy amount and i love how they feel/handle. I pick mine up for about $170-180.

hay ive got a pair of brand new kyb g-2 struts! they are for a 90 rex. they have the 0 instead of the H bracket in the bottom. will those fit? i'll take 70 for each. i payed 80. i bought the right ones i like the way they ride with my skunk2 springs.

Quoted post[/post]]
hay ive got a pair of brand new kyb g-2 struts! they are for a 90 rex. they have the 0 instead of the H bracket in the bottom. will those fit? i'll take 70 for each. i payed 80. i bought the right ones i like the way they ride with my skunk2 springs.

I dont know if they would fit or not so I'd rather not try. sorry

How much of a drop do the H&R sports give you, and is the ride pretty smooth while still improving handling? I had coilovers on my last car and absolutely hated the ride. It was really rough and after a couple months of driving, the struts were shot.

damn i figured they would since they arte the same year. either way if anything went wrong i would take them back. ohh well hit me up if you still want them. good luck

Quoted post[/post]]
damn i figured they would since they arte the same year. either way if anything went wrong i would take them back. ohh well hit me up if you still want them. good luck
The only thing that the "O" one fits on is a 88 model EF, unless you change rear lower control arms.

yeah thats why they didnt fit on my rex. all of that shit had been changed from an Integra

what eibachs? you means what i think of them? I heard good things about them but i never used them. I went went with the skunk2 springs. Those i like. They handle great and don't have that real stiff bumpy ride. Not only that but the car stance is real ice also. As soon as i get my motor back in my car i'll take a picc.

sprint springs are pretty cheap and ride well
available in 1.5 and 2.5 inch drop

130 for 1.5
100 for 2.5

gold line also makes a cheap decent lowering spring

and you are definately better off doing both at the same time, even if you just get stck replacement struts with lifetime warranty or something

you will have the strut out, you're stupid not to do both at the same time...

I just really want to make sure i dont have the rough ride and bounce that i had on my last car. 2 inches also seems like a pretty big drop, i dont want to have to deal with scraping. The eibach pro kit has an inch drop, and sound pretty nice, anyone know?

I like 2" drop on a EF, i loved my tokico illumina's on skunk2 springs, 5 way adjustable shocks, in which i will be selling soon, along with some other ef parts. But the shocks only work on a 88.

This thread is old, but I figured I would throw my 2 cents in for the future viewers looking for a suspention setup. Although this is related to a 90 civic, I used Skunk2 springs with Koni Yellow's on my 90 Teg and the ride was awesome! I also had the Suspention Tech sways, but I am one who LOVES to fly around corners, and these all did really well! The ride was very smooth as well. I drove my car down to FL from MA while hitting some pretty good bumps on the way at about 100, and it didnt really slam to hard. It absorbed most of the hit. 65-80 mph on the rotary like on and off ramps werent much of a problem for me. I was borderline from the understeer, but it held up well. I just bought some Skunk2 springs again now that I have a 92 civic hatch, and I plan to do the same setup again because I was very pleased with everything.

Back