lowering springs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
im getting rid of my shitty ass coilovers in favor of some springs.

does anyone know where i can find information as to which lowering spring lowers the ek coupe THE LEAST?

i dont want to be lowriding....

id be happy with a 1" drop from stock. thats all i want, juuuust a tad bit lower than stock, nothing else.

im sick of scraping on shit, and am this close to raising my shit back up to stock height.

will that have any effect if i run someone on the street? being stock height?

check out eibach pro-kit springs. they are about $220 a set and have a good rep for quality. they lower between 1-1.5 inches depending on your application.

thanks Cal.

On average, what is the typical drop rate for a set of springs?

and would you or anyone on here vouch for Neuspeed lowering springs?

Are they really bouncy? My GC coilovers make my car feel like a earthquare 24/7

I've got a set of neuspeed sport springs , spec'd at a 1.8" drop. I picked up the springs for $130, I'm using them with KYB Agx's

I measured the hieght from the wheel well after I installed them (about 2-3months ago) and just a few weeks I measured em again and to my surprise I got the same numbers. which means when I installed them they compressed to the correct height and haven't saged or changed at all.

I would assume the quality on the soft sport is exactly the same.

these are installed onmy 91 crx
I'm 100% satisfied. I don't rub on anything.

the only time I have a problem is coming out of my driveway (about a 30deg decline from the road ) and my mud flaps sometimes rub slightly. If I took off the mud flaps I wouldn't have a problem at all.

Eibach pro-kits are great springs.
I have ridden in a couple different cars that have them and they ride really nice because they are progressive rate springs so they ride like stock springs until you corner hard and then they load up like race springs

I will most likely end up with these springs on my car
unless this local guy still has his Tein SS's for sale

chet has nuespeed springs on his hatch.

Tony - check out the Tokiko springs. They are a 1" drop and rumored to be good springs. And you can't go wrong with the pro-kit by eibach.

I have a set of the neuspeed springs for your car if you want them. They are the 1.8" drop. But I don't think that is very low. Let me know if you want them. And make me an offer.

i got tokico springs and struts there ok but i hate how they setteled. my front is higher then my rear :(

thanks, the real reason i want to raise my car up a bit is because my g/f has a STEEP entrance to her driveway. im scraping my downpipe on entrance and exit on a daily basis as a result. its annoying the neighbors, i cringe at the sound, and my chick just shakes her head...

im hoping less than a 1" drop will allow me to get in and out.

I've got a sloping driveway

kinda looks like this

s3f720b1ee7f08.jpg

not as steep as the pic and my car as I said only the mud flaps rub.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Sep 24 2003, 02:23 PM
thanks, the real reason i want to raise my car up a bit is because my g/f has a STEEP entrance to her driveway. im scraping my downpipe on entrance and exit on a daily basis as a result. its annoying the neighbors, i cringe at the sound, and my chick just shakes her head...

youve tried taking it on a really severe diagonal right? just a stupid question i know...but i had to make sure. ive taken some seriously steep driveways at almost a 90 degree angle, and actually avoided scraping. (i have a 2" drop)

Originally posted by rixXxceboy+Sep 24 2003, 10:50 PM-->
Tonyd0821
@Sep 24 2003, 02:23 PM

youve tried taking it on a really severe diagonal right? just a stupid question i know...but i had to make sure. ive taken some seriously steep driveways at almost a 90 degree angle, and actually avoided scraping. (i have a 2" drop)

I am with rixx on this one y0...

Originally posted by rixXxceboy+Sep 24 2003, 10:50 PM-->
Tonyd0821
@Sep 24 2003, 02:23 PM

rixxx, i tried every single driving combination known to man in order to get up that driveway....its really weird. the street is normal, but the driveway isnt that high...its just that damn concrete "pinnacle" that gets me everytime.

id really like to go rent a jack hammer from home depot one night and do a drive-by jackhammering on her driveway slope....

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Sep 24 2003, 09:12 AM
thanks Cal.

On average, what is the typical drop rate for a set of springs?

and would you or anyone on here vouch for Neuspeed lowering springs?

Are they really bouncy? My GC coilovers make my car feel like a earthquare 24/7

Ah, the hump at the "ridge" of the driveway gets ya huh? Katie's driveway does that to me too... the Civic won't make it up, but the CRX can if I'm careful. The wheelbase is just short enough that it won't scrape on much under the car.

I've heard nothing but good stuff about Neuspeed springs. I really like the quality of their products. As for spring rate- just call Neuspeed and they'll tell you. Neuspeed and Progress have always been nice enough to tell me the exact spring rate of their drop springs, but Eibach won't disclose their information over the phone. It's kinda shitty.

As for how bouncy- the SofSports shouldn't be too bouncy- Neuspeed designed them to be comfortable and smooth with a very minimal drop. I'm sure they'll feel pretty close to stock, maybe even smoother since they're a progressive wind.

Back