Lowering Troubles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys. As the title says, I'm having trouble with the springs in my car not actually lowering the car
any. I first had Neuspeed Sports which were a 1.8" drop all around. I let them settle and took measurments
and it was barly any change. I then put springs with a 2.5" in front and 2" in back in and again after a few
months there was barely any change from stock. I then thought it was the bump stops, so I cut them. I then waited a few more months and nothing at all like I expected? My buddy has the exact same car and springs
and his is sooo much lower. Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks.

Are you sure your car wasn't lowered before you bought it? I've heard of people not getting advertised drops, but its usually getting an inch instead of two inches, not almost stock from a 2.5".

Just a quick thought as I was reading other threads. Are you sure the springs are fully seated? I remember when I lowered my teg I had to rotate the springs (clockwise or counter I dont remember) until they fully sat in the perches. Not having them all the way in could account for your lack of drop.

what year car you got and what year springs did you get? any pictures of your car?

heres good picture of a lowering spring (red) vs stock (black), are your lowering springs shorter than the stock ones? also did you put the ft ones on the ft and the rear ones on the rear? i know a couple of people that made that mistake
02_27_06_1633.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
what year car you got and what year springs did you get? any pictures of your car?

heres good picture of a lowering spring (red) vs stock (black), are your lowering springs shorter than the stock ones? also did you put the ft ones on the ft and the rear ones on the rear? i know a couple of people that made that mistake
02_27_06_1633.jpg

The car was not lowered before I got it, as I bought it off an old man. The lowering springs were definitiely shorter than the stock as I remember measuring them. If the rears were put on the front, wouldn't it still be lower, but just lower in the rear as opposed to the front? As for the springs being fully seated, I can only assume they are, but I will double check for sure. The car is a 97 CX hatch if that helps.
I have some pics, just a little unsure of how to attach them. Thanks so far guys.

Back