LS block VS GSR block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DOHC VTEC

I just wanted to know which setup would be better.
I have a b16a2 head that came with ITR camshafts
and i have a LS block and a GSR B18c1 block

Which set up would be best for All Motor?
My plans for the LS was to Bore it to 84mm to make it just like
a b20 vtec and put on Arias 10:1 pistons and Eagle rods.
With the B18c1 I was just planning to bore it .50 over and put
Arias 10.5:1 w/ eagle rods.

Originally posted by civicious@Dec 21 2003, 11:02 PM
umm...

there's this uber-rare setup, that almost noone has ever heard of, called an "ls/vtec."

:eek:

:bo: :werd:

NOOOOOOOO SHIT DUDE. I was just asking which would be better. Dont reply if u goin be a smart ass fuckin loser. :ufucktard: I hope you know that both blocks have different strokes.

riiiiiiiight.... what he was trying to say was to use the LS block with the GSR Vtec head.... ls/vtec... <_<

O shit fucker I just got into Honda's. Bring your piece of shit and Ill eat the hell outta u with my SR20DET.

Originally posted by DOHC VTEC@Dec 21 2003, 11:41 PM
O shit fucker I just got into Honda's. Bring your piece of shit and Ill eat the hell outta u with my SR20DET.

:gives:

Talk trash all you want. This is still the int4rdnet.

Either the b16a2 or GSR head will work. They're both Vtec.

Originally posted by DOHC VTEC@Dec 21 2003, 08:29 PM
I hope you know that both blocks have different strokes.

its not the block that gives it a larger stroke, its the crank, both blocks have the same deck height.
other differences are the ls has no oil squirters and also does not have a girdle. is this for NA or for boost? if you're boosting, resleeve the LS and go that route and sell the gsr block. if all motor i'd stick with the gsr block.

EDIT: i just noticed you said all motor at the beginning. why such low compression ratio if you're replacing pistons and staying all motor?

I'm trying to figure out why you asked for opinions of what you should do, and then not listen to them when they are given.

I'm not a "looser" whatever the fuck that is.

Back