1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LS BLock

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by korey, Dec 26, 2003.

1. korey

korey Senior Member

I was wondering what the best way was to upgrade an LS bottom end. I read some articles about how the LS is poorly lubricated, and bad oil and water pumps. I heard that I could put a GSR block girdle in to make it stronger/more stable? If anyone can let me know what are some upgrades to these "downfalls" of the LS, please let me know. Thanx.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i'd like to see those articles... got a link?

the gsr block girdle will not fit without some massive cutting and main cpa modding. z10eng.com makes one for the ls if you want to buy it instead.

ls blocks are cheap.... and there's a reason for it.
    but there are also tons of people running 10s on ls bottom ends.

3. korey

korey Senior Member

Actually, the article was on here near the end of the "articles" section. I read it last night. The Article was actually about Ls/Vtecs so I could be wrong in assuming these parts would be bad for an all motor Ls non-vtec. I dont have any hands on knowledge of swaps, just what I read, so please correct me if I say anything wrong. Thanx.

4. hybrid89

hybrid89 thistownsucks...

I was told that the gsr block girdle bolted right up. B-tell me your wrong. I was palnning on running one on my LS vtec. Is this no good?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted