LS BLock

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

korey

I was wondering what the best way was to upgrade an LS bottom end. I read some articles about how the LS is poorly lubricated, and bad oil and water pumps. I heard that I could put a GSR block girdle in to make it stronger/more stable? If anyone can let me know what are some upgrades to these "downfalls" of the LS, please let me know. Thanx.

i'd like to see those articles... got a link?

the gsr block girdle will not fit without some massive cutting and main cpa modding. z10eng.com makes one for the ls if you want to buy it instead.

ls blocks are cheap.... and there's a reason for it.
but there are also tons of people running 10s on ls bottom ends.

Actually, the article was on here near the end of the "articles" section. I read it last night. The Article was actually about Ls/Vtecs so I could be wrong in assuming these parts would be bad for an all motor Ls non-vtec. I dont have any hands on knowledge of swaps, just what I read, so please correct me if I say anything wrong. Thanx.

I was told that the gsr block girdle bolted right up. B-tell me your wrong. I was palnning on running one on my LS vtec. Is this no good?

Back